Punch list for Turf-n-Surf 2016 & ARB drawer mods (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Are you done yet?
I have printed a shirt to motivate you. You have a week from now to get 'r dun!

image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
Three items to do on my punch list.

#1 Line-X hood and roof - done today

full

#2 Fix H151F leaks while at Valley Hybrids - essentially pull the tranny, split and re-do all of the FIPG - tomorrow

#3 Fix Power Steering Pump leaks while at Valley Hybrids by installing my spare which has been rebuilt - tomorrow

#4 Get AC system checked, as it will not stay on for more than five minutes. Likely over- or under-charged. Hoping to get done before TnS.

#5 Change oil - can wait, but would be nice to get that done too.

Looking at my list and comparing to others, it does not seem all that bad
Dang, now I REALLY want an 80...

Well, my parts coming in for the front axle and brakes has been delayed until at least Monday. I'm not going to start working on the axle, brakes and mods on Tues when I'm supposed to be leaving Thurs night. Ain't gonna happen. So it'll all still be waiting for me when I return from Pismo.

On the hubs, I was SERIOUSLY considering having my new hubs drilled out for the 105 Series 10mm studs and then doubling up on the dowels. This means of course machining the hubs and the flanges. Well after some consideration, and a conversation with Georg, it looks like I'm instead going to go with Front Range Off Road's "Diamond Axle Flanges and ARP stud kit". Its the next best thing and this makes it more of a bolt-on affair. All I would need to do is drill out an extra dowel hole or two in my hubs.

Diamond Axle Drive Flanges and ARP Hub Stud Set
DSC_0294_combo_800__27492.1448392447.1280.1280.jpg

Diamonds are forever?

Here is to holding myself accountable for my Pre TnS list:
1. Zip tie all loose wires from when I relocated the batteries to the rear, lights, Comm systems, stereo, etc.
2. Mount rear speakers
3. Install Roll bar padding
4. Re-install from heater core (maybe not)
5. Complete LED rocklight install
6. Front Light bar install
7. Mount and wire WARN VTC compressor

20160819_184915.jpg

20160722_175950.jpg

20160722_175915.jpg

Here is to holding myself accountable for my Pre TnS list:
1. Zip tie all loose wires from when I relocated the batteries to the rear, lights, Comm systems, stereo, etc.
2. Mount rear speakers
3. Install Roll bar padding
4. Re-install from heater core (maybe not)
5. Complete LED rocklight install
6. Front Light bar install
7. Mount and wire WARN VTC compressor

View attachment 1346777

View attachment 1346778

View attachment 1346779

You forgot something:
8. Don't forget to bring Joey's bag-o-sockets :flipoff2:

I can't find any LED light bar clamps that fit natively to the ARB bumper. And I'm NOT going to use some ridiculous looking CNC's aluminum tube mount monstrosity. Those look ghey. So for now I'm just going to rock some 1/8" aluminum that I'll just class up with some matte black paint. Anyone else know of a good bolt-on solution?

IMG_9618.JPG

A 28" bar should fit just fine between the vertical ARB posts. Most of them have adjustable tabs (they slide).

A 28" bar should fit just fine between the vertical ARB posts. Most of them have adjustable tabs (they slide).

The cheap chinese lights have hold downs from a channel in the extrusion. Mine don't. They clamps from the ends.

Mine mostly involves, what should I cook?

A couple of chickens?

Clam chowder?

Some sort of etouffe?

:hmm:

H151F Sealed up, and also the leaky PS (Thanks Dom). Took an additional day of hard-graft and an unplanned night in a hotel room in Lodi, but now have those done. Still need to remount my Yakima rails try and sort out the AC system. Packing on Thursday!

full

You forgot something:
8. Don't forget to bring Joey's bag-o-sockets :flipoff2:

That's been in the truck since the day you left it w/ me. The whole reason I'm making the trip out is to get that bag back to you, lol.

Picked up oil for the oil change. Picked up Dextron for the transmission flush and filter kit with upgrade. Installed the L-track with the wood strews I have and maybe a couple of t-bolts I have where I can figure out a place to install them. Otherwise these work ok.

The entire weekend was spent doing my wife's bidding. Ugh. On another note I'll be bring a keg of Stella and plenty of glasses, woohoo!
IMG_9642.JPG
IMG_9643.JPG

Got the L-track all mounted. I pulled out some of the wood screw and went back to my original idea of using flat head cap screws with a trimmed fender washer and nylock nut. I'm much happier now.

IMG_9652.JPG
IMG_9661.JPG
IMG_9662.JPG
IMG_9663.JPG

Oil change time! Have I mentioned how much I love my 90* filter adapter and Fujimoto drain valve? :flipoff2:
IMG_9665.JPG

Ok I will admit to being a little bit of a nut job. But hear me out. When I'm working on my truck I don't always have light handy. I mean I have lights where I need lights but sometimes I need them in places I wouldn't necessarily think I would need them. Consider your drawers. My ARB drawers are lined in black felt. Black. Perfect for hiding crap as soon as the sun goes down. Sure I could grab a flashlight and I can bite on it with my teeth while I search for the tool I need. Ooooooooor, I could install some 12v LED strips that run all the way around the inside of the drawer. Completely out of the way/hidden, but it will light up the entire drawer. I'll put in a ground switch so that just the opening of the drawer turns on the light(s).

IMG_9669.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom