Pulls to the right (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys! Need some help here.

Bought my rig 2 years ago, no issues, no pull, fully stock.

Removed AHC, put on 2.5" OME lift, added front bumper. Had it aligned.

At the end of all this, my rig started pulling to the right. Had it realigned 3 times. Took it back to Yotamasters who couldn't find anything wrong. We checked the shocks, and nothing seems stuck. They suggested we repack the wheel and see what that does. Then Covid hit and my appointment was canceled and I haven't been able to do anything.

It is wearing the tires oddly, like it was skipping like a shock was stuck, but all looks OK.

Where do I go next? I want to get it solved before I go through another set of tires.

Thanks!

Do a process of elimination by checking on your truck’s:
• Upper and Lower ball joints
• Inner and outer tie rods
• Upper and Lower control arm bushings
• Steering rack bushings

Generally if you have checked the alignment and your truck is still pulling it’s because the tires have already been badly worn (also, pulling is normally not a direct causation of a bad alignment - pulling is generally the result of badly worn tires because of a bad alignment.)

you alignment may be true - but if your tires are already worn badly the truck will continue to pull. A quick way to check this is to swap your front tires. If it pulls the other direction, you know your tires are bad. If this is the case, and you are not ready for a new set of tires, you can swap them to the back and the rear tires shouldn’t be as badly warn as the fronts. This won’t be the ultimate fix but can get you out a bind for now (assuming you haven’t rotated and all tires have bad wear).

Last edited:
You know this can also be something as simple as an awning on one side of the roof. Just saying

But actually sounds a bit worse.

Mine does this a smidge, but by contours in the road I think and wide tyres like 315/75/R16 just compiles the drift effect.

Steering rack bushing seems like a good start point, thats what I would look at. Apparently the rubber ones wear out quick, but poly ones can be added. Check those

I'd take it to another aligment shop. The one you took it to 3 times might have the numbers wrong or something like that. Might be that you need an UCA with an adjustable ball joint to get it right with such high lift.

Does it pull all the time or only when you give it gas? Sounds to me like it’s related to the “lift”. For example, you’re too high in the front and don’t have enough droop, so you’re getting torque steer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom