Pulling Stereo on 2006 - Where to start? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.stokesignals.agency
I got all the VAIS iPod and XM pieces and parts... now gotta stuff'em in the dash. Before I start pokin' and proddin' with a flat-head - looking for a way in... Any guidance on where to start? Do the top vents pop out? Top down?

Also, any thoughts on where to plunk down the XM roof antenna? Back of roof seems logical... but that's a whole lota interior to pull apart. Thoughts?

Thanks.

The entire assembly comes out as one (minus the nav screen). There are clips on the top and bottom. Take a paint scraper and put some electrical tape over the end. I pop out the blank cover and pull straight out and the bottom right will pop out. Start there and slowly work around. When you get to the nav screen pull the 4 screws and it will slide out.

Pfran42 tried a Blitz adapter and it did not work. It charged but didn't receive signal from the device and no sound. It's now in my truck with no nav and works perfectly minus it not charging 80% of the time. Which isn't a big deal. iPhone 4 has great battery life even when streaming Pandora. There are many Atlantan's that have pulled the assembly. Give me a shout if you need help. I included some pictures to show you where the clips are and what to expect. Be careful as some of the wiring harnesses are a little short.
DSC_0694.jpg
DSC_0683.jpg
DSC_0645.jpg

Last edited:
Damn... thanks for that ^ !!!

But to be clear... 'cause I really (!) don't want to break any of those clips (hate a squeaky dash), where do start with the paint scraper/putty knife?
Dash.jpg

I would start at clip 4 and work around. Pull the blank cover and pull lightly. It will release.

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom