Pulling my 1HZ Injection Pump, Injectors & more, ??'s

Hello All,
I have a 1994 75 series from Australia (now happy here in Phoenix, Arizona) that has 484,000 km's on it (275,000 miles)
The injector pump is leaking, I have no idea if the injectors have every been looked at but I get smoke at startup & climbing hills.
So since my wife is the office manager at a diesel engine shop and can call in lots of favors I am getting the pump & injectors rebuilt.
My thought is to also replace the timing belt & tension spring while I am there...what else? Injector pump oil seal behind the gear? Other bits?

Also is there anything I should know before I get started?

Thanks in advance

Change the water pump and timing belt tensioner bearing while you are in there. The pump is a US stocked part from Toyota as is the belt believe it or not. Not sure about the bearing, but it is a standard unit from what I remember when I did mine.

Oh ya and one more thing while your waiting for the other work to be done you might as well pull your fan clutch off and give it a good drain and refill with at least 10,000 fluid. This commonly needs to be done every 200,000km. I noticed mine was not working properly at 150.

great tips on the fan clutch...
I will try to take as many pics as possible and post up, thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom