1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pullin dents question

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by eatmc55, Aug 13, 2006.

1. eatmc55

eatmc55

hey guys, i borrowed a dent puller from a buddy of mine. its the one where it welds the studs and you use a slide hammer. the question is do i start in the center of the dent and work out or the outside in? im gonna try to straighten her up a little bit before some new paint. thanks

2. Texx

Texx

Nope, you want to go from the outside in.

3. 72FJ40LandCruiser

72FJ40LandCruiser

Outside in, and do it little by little. If the rear is accessible, then of course a hammer and dolly is the approved method. I use the stud welder as a last resort.

4. Colorado Boy-74-FJ40

Colorado Boy-74-FJ40 I may grow older but I refuse to grow up!

Unless the dent has bad creases, A toilet plunger and a good yank will get the majority of the dent out.

5. sisukid1975

sisukid1975

Follow the dent in the opposite direction it formed.

Look at it, determine how it was created. Start at the point of last contact, and work your way towards the point of first contact.

6. eatmc55

eatmc55

thanks guys ill give it a shot after i get back from fex (field exercises, damn military crap) and let you know how it goes

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">