pulley puller (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm going to be doing the timing belt and water pump on my 4runner soon and I was told

"You'll also need a SST to pull the crankshaft pulley/harmonic balancer and another to remove a camshaft pulley."

It has also been suggested that it might not have to be an SST, but that a generic puller would work. Has anyone done this job on a truck (on another truck even) and used a generic puller or should I be looking for this SST?

It's a 5vz-fe, the 3.4L 4Runner/Tacoma engine.

We'll see, but Eric C. will likely chime in if he can help with the other Eric(k).

Incidentally I haven't been associating professionally with New Vision for a bit. Hope your new job is going well for you Randy. Nice to see you found your way over here. :cheers:

That'd be Eric Butler.. I'll call him later.. I think he took it to a shop tho! I don't think he did it himself.. With Lily (their little girl), his wrenching time has been cut down a bit.. If he is working in the shop it's normally on the FJ40..
He was planning on doing it but I think he got a killer deal at a shop.. I'll report back.

All the sst's I've got my hands on and owned for toyotas come from otc-spx you can order online and they aren't that much money.. Most of the time they are truly worth spending the dough.. Might be worth picking the sst up! When your done with it keep it or sell it to another junky..

I called otc and they had a suggested retail of something like 420 for the SST.

What I got was this tool

38220inc.jpg

Which I think should work for the tool they made here

tbr_09.jpg

Or shown on at the bottom diagram here.

http://www.lieblweb.com/tacoma/Mechanical/TimingBeltScans/pages/TimingBeltDirectionsB.htm

If anyone thinks this won't work please let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom