Pulley for Sag pump (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm doing the Mini truck PS on my '66 FJ40. Trying to assemble all the parts ahead of time. I have the brackets for a Sag pump, two pulley balancer, bracket to move alt on the way, rag joint, etc, etc. Bought the pump rebuilt but it has no pulley. I've heard they're a bitch to pull off an old pump. Someone posted they got one, chrome, I might add. I checked with local parts stores and they want like $50-55 for a farging pulley! I was stunned and amazed! So what does everyone who is runnung a Sag pump use for a source??? ???
Thanks,
Ed Long

:eek:I went to the local Chevy dealer to get mine, $25. None of the parts stores in my area even had them. :D

Doh! Can't see the forrest for the trees. Thanks.
Are all the pulleys the same? I've read posts about swapping around different sizes to get the right pump output. I've got a stock F with HEI, stock carb,and a header,running 31's.
Anybody got a suggestion for a sizw, or one they're happy with?
Thanks,
Ed

I'm running the stock size that came off of a 350. The pump puts out enough to run a hydraulic cylinder and I'm still running an stock F. :( Hoping to get a diesel on the way.

Thanks, how's school going? I know you've been busy with the Hydrosteer. Nice pics you posted
Ed

Things have been doing great. The cruiser is almost finished, well for this round. The floor conversion went in great, thanks. Spring break was a good time to get a lot of work done. I think I did more work in one week than I have this semester. :D I'll shoot you an email with the pictures of everything.

Hey Alan'
You mean the Gm pulley won't work??? &nbsp:Darn the luck. My son is home this week from Columbia...so you're safe on the road until Sunday night.
Ed Long :)

Thanks, To keep it simple, I think I'll run the narrower belt, at least for now.
Ed Long

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom