Pulled The Trigger (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I went on and bought a 2001 LX470 today. I made a thread a few days ago about potentially buying it. Final price was $8,500 with 20" Tundra wheels, new tires. And the factories with, honestly, great tread but they're mismatch. Don't know if it's two sets of two or just random tires. I hope not the latter.

Anyway, I'll wash it tomorrow (maybe) have a ton of packing to do, I might have to wait once we get back to the states. But I've already spotted a few things, you know the things you notice AFTER you've gave the money. Here's a short list:

- Rust spots, about the size of... not a dime, maybe 1/4 of a dime is about the biggest I saw. He dabbed it with color matching paint so I didn't notice.
- Seems to be running better every time I drive it. I believe him when he said it sat.
- About it sitting, it obviously sat in the hot Puerto Rican sun because those front seats.. OH BOY! Feel like sandpaper. I'm going to experiment with a treatment tomorrow. Castor oil/Coconut oil mix. All natural and VERY moisturizing. Should work perfectly.... it should.
- Needs hood struts which I knew.
- Here's the big thing for me, there is a clank sound, not clunk, but clank when I go over speed bumps rom the rear. The driveshaft also has some seepage, how serious it is, I was hoping you guys could help.

WP_20170503_20_40_19_Rich_LI.jpg

Congrats on the 01LX, Golden pearl assuming I saw the post you mentioned. That is a beautiful color when rubbed-out. LX470 to build or not to build...

The propeller shafts (AKA drive shaft) forward & aft have grease point, six in all. The more grease you see slung around undercarriage from them the better. It indicates proper PM.

Congrats on the 01LX, Golden pearl assuming I saw the post you mentioned. That is a beautiful color when rubbed-out. LX470 to build or not to build...

The propeller shafts (AKA drive shaft) forward & aft have grease point, six in all. The more grease you see slung around undercarriage from them the better. It indicates proper PM.
I just read that! Thanks for responding! I also found a few other folks with that same clank, apparently it's no big deal. My other big concern I forgot to mention was the strong shift into gear that happens sometimes, but that too apparently is very normal. Once I get back to Atlanta I'll change all the fluids out. I noticed today that the suspension oil cap wasn't on all the way.... the AHC works fine, but I'm going to make sure the fluid is fresh once we get settled in.

I also agree with the color! My wife hates it. I'll show her! It'll be real clean once it's detailed properly. I pulled the trigger on a LS430 two months ago too. Both together cost me 16K Not too bad I think. The LX has 121K on it and the LS430 (2002) has 67K on it!

Congrats from the ATL...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom