Pulled the trigger on a new set of globes… have you? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not just the globes…the lines are exposed to weathering and hard to get to to prevent rust/perforation…but the main issue is that AHC is (too) complex system that is a PIA to diagnose and fix. See this thread. I hope for the OP that this is NOT AHC related.

(LC has one thing exposed: KDSS valve rust which can be easily prevented…and easy to diagnose if it turns to crap by secondary owners.)

Most LX (non-Mud) owners and dealers never touch AHC…never flush even…so, secondary market owners have to suffer with “try this, try that, fix this, fix that” with AHC. Some folks here love to recommend USED LX to unsuspecting potential buyers because they are cheaper…but is it really cheaper to own?

I’d venture that it’s about as to “fix” AHC issues as it is to “fix” a rusted shut KDSS valve.

Anyone have heights for AHC each wheel fender adjustment should be? I think I need to get that to spec and do an alignment also

here's the procedure,

Attachments

• AHC-height.pdf
    112.9 KB · Views: 69
I’d venture that it’s about as to “fix” AHC issues as it is to “fix” a rusted shut KDSS valve.
One system is fully preventable (apply any lub/anti-seize at the valve area every 2-3 yrs…takes literally 2 minutes or less) and requires zero maintenance over life of vehicle. (My KDSS valve is still covered in lub 3+ years…no re-application needed.)

The other system requires way more work just to maintain it, harder to diagnose when issues arise, often requring shopping spree on eBay parts, and so many wasted hours/days/weeks.

One system is fully preventable (apply any lub/anti-seize at the valve area every 2-3 yrs…takes literally 2 minutes or less) and requires zero maintenance over life of vehicle. (My KDSS valve is still covered in lub 3+ years…no re-application needed.)

The other system requires way more work just to maintain it, harder to diagnose when issues arise, often requring shopping spree on eBay parts, and so many wasted hours/days/weeks.

way more work is flushing AHC fluid, let’s be honest. Suggesting we stay away from extremes and hyperbole when comparing the systems. For example, I could argue that a simple AHC flush allows me to gain a dynamic lift off-road of 2-3”, whereas for someone with rusted shut KDSS valves who wanted a static off-road lift it might take countless weeks or thousands of dollars to do so properly by replacing their rusted KDSS valves completely or be left with a noticeable and uncorrectable tilt? But then that doesn’t help OP diagnose why HIS ride is rough.

way more work is flushing AHC fluid, let’s be honest. Suggesting we stay away from extremes and hyperbole when comparing the systems. For example, I could argue that a simple AHC flush allows me to gain a dynamic lift off-road of 2-3”, whereas for someone with rusted shut KDSS valves who wanted a static off-road lift it might take countless weeks or thousands of dollars to do so properly by replacing their rusted KDSS valves completely or be left with a noticeable and uncorrectable tilt? But then that doesn’t help OP diagnose why HIS ride is rough.
Gain in height at what cost? Poor articulation? Crappy ride? AHC tilts too. Lol

But you’re right. Sorry OP.

Gain in height at what cost? Poor articulation? Crappy ride? AHC tilts too. Lol

But you’re right. Sorry OP.
Yea, this truck sucks, I have a little more time to fix it, wife went to Toyota and ordered a 4Runner 😂 this thing is such a let down it came to this, so we’ll see if I can fix this by the time the other truck comes in, I really hope I do but I don’t know how much more sanity I have left. Plus it’s starting to get cold and shorter days don’t help the time issue.

I was reading some other posts last night about issues with alignment, I do notice some bumpsteer issues with the steering wheel over some gaps in the road too, I do notice some steering wheel feedback that was not present in the other LX I drove. I’m wondering it it’s more relating to the alignment now then the AHC

Not just the globes…the lines are exposed to weathering and hard to get to to prevent rust/perforation…but the main issue is that AHC is (too) complex system that is a PIA to diagnose and fix. See this thread. I hope for the OP that this is NOT AHC related.

(LC has one thing exposed: KDSS valve rust which can be easily prevented…and easy to diagnose if it turns to crap by secondary owners.)

Most LX (non-Mud) owners and dealers never touch AHC…never flush even…so, secondary market owners have to suffer with “try this, try that, fix this, fix that” with AHC. $$$. Hours wasted that you could do something else more productive. Some folks here love to recommend USED LX to unsuspecting potential buyers because they are cheaper…but is it really cheaper to own?

Most of us that are doing maintenance and preventative maintenance are well past the mileage any static suspension is good for. Nevermind those are not good for any real off-roading or enthusiast use. Until upgraded, they won't touch what the LX will do stock.

Rather than waste everyone's time with less than zero understanding, go spend time on your own rig to make it worthwhile for any real work. Until then, your wannabe ATs are just posing.

Yea, this truck sucks, I have a little more time to fix it, wife went to Toyota and ordered a 4Runner 😂 this thing is such a let down it came to this, so we’ll see if I can fix this by the time the other truck comes in, I really hope I do but I don’t know how much more sanity I have left. Plus it’s starting to get cold and shorter days don’t help the time issue.
That’s probably what I would have done a while ago…. Well for another EV. Probably wasn’t the AHC this entire time. You haven’t had it long, correct? Makes me wonder if it had damage that went unreported? Or the previous owner went crazy with DIY mods, messed things up and punted?

Most of us that are doing maintenance and preventative maintenance are well past the mileage any static suspension is good for. Nevermind those are not good for any real off-roading or enthusiast use. Until upgraded, they won't touch what the LX will do stock.

Rather than waste everyone's time with less than zero understanding, go spend time on your own rig to make it worthwhile for any real work. Until then, your wannabe ATs are just posing.
Huh?! Stock suspension is trash you say? I don’t need to modify anything to get superior approach and departure angles…no need to be in HI mode. I have that clearance at ANY speed. I also get wonderful FULL articulation AND wonderful smooth ride off-road AT ANY SPEED unlike the jacked-up LX.

It’s great that you can fit 35” tires when you do sensor lift. But at what cost? s***ty ride? Poor articulation? No thanks. That’s crazy that you keep advertising that “mod”!

Past any mileage? Look at how many threads on failed globes or poor AHC ride at under 150k miles!! I don’t see much of anything from LC side. Shocks are cheap for LC. No need to replace the springs for a long long long time. Replace the LC shocks at 150-200k and call it a day.

Yeah, let’s talk about long-term cost of AHC vs. stock LC. You’re kidding, right?! Was that your attempt at a joke?

LC cannot touch what LX can do stock?! Huh?! With what? Your low hanging bumpers on 2016+? Your poor articulation? Your poor ride? Oh, and of course, your poorer on-road handling? Your high maintenance cost? You NEED to be in HI mode to even come close to stock LC clearances! But then your ride and articution go down the drain!

What is good about AHC? It can lower down for old people? Sure. It helps with towing and brake dive? Sure. That’s about it dude.

My zero understanding? How many times have i corrected your WRONG “assumptions” on this forum?! Remember, how you said LX handles like your 911 TT?! Or how 8-speed auto is something special (“deep capability” lol)?! How LX out handles LC on-road?! LOL

Oh remember the time when you outright LIED about the picture you posted??? LOL Classic!

My AT is for posing?! Look at your pics dude! You drive up a little rock and pose!!!!!!! LITERALLY. LOL. Isn’t your spare tire smaller than your other 4?? Oh yeah, real off-road cred there! Are you s***ting me TeCKis300?!

Last edited:
That’s probably what I would have done a while ago…. Well for another EV. Probably wasn’t the AHC this entire time. You haven’t had it long, correct? Makes me wonder if it had damage that went unreported? Or the previous owner went crazy with DIY mods, messed things up and punted?
Yes, car is new to me, i also thought unreported damage but I can’t see anywhere that looks like damage. It was dealer maintained. No diy mods, I honestly think this dealer did some stupid s*** with the balance and alignment doesn’t match. Thing is a pain in the ass, I think the truck is fine to the Normal person but maybe to me I’m much pickier. I don’t know. It’s a tough truck and I really hope to figure out this issue soon.

Yes, car is new to me, i also thought unreported damage but I can’t see anywhere that looks like damage. It was dealer maintained. No diy mods, I honestly think this dealer did some stupid s*** with the balance and alignment doesn’t match. Thing is a pain in the ass, I think the truck is fine to the Normal person but maybe to me I’m much pickier. I don’t know. It’s a tough truck and I really hope to figure out this issue soon.
I hope you figure it out. I have a ‘13 as well, had it going on 10 years now. I’m at ~95k miles with 80-90% of those off roading or pulling my ~7k lb camper 100% on crappy Alaska roads. It rids like butter on my winter P metric Hakkas, more brick like on my summer LT Ats. I’ve had no issues with the AHC and plan on keeping it a long time, probably will be my last non-EV (have 2 Teslas and a reservation on a Cybertruck, Rivian, and Silverado EV)

Here we goooooo!!

Mod of the day, I moved the rear sensors to the highest spot that means this truck should be the lowest suspension spot? It drive ls a lot better, not as much steering wheel feedback, still a little rough but not terrible. I didn’t do any actual measuring. But I feel there’s something connected to this. It’s a calibration of the height and alignment. It might be beyond my scope but I think I’m onto a solution

Here we goooooo!!

Mod of the day, I moved the rear sensors to the highest spot that means this truck should be the lowest suspension spot? It drive ls a lot better, not as much steering wheel feedback, still a little rough but not terrible. I didn’t do any actual measuring. But I feel there’s something connected to this. It’s a calibration of the height and alignment. It might be beyond my scope but I think I’m onto a solution
This makes me think you should try to get some measurements from the hub to the lip of the fender…it’ll give you an idea how “lifted” your Lexus currently is compared to oem.

Huh?! Stock suspension is trash you say? I don’t need to modify anything to get superior approach and departure angles…no need to be in HI mode. I have that clearance at ANY speed. I also get wonderful FULL articulation AND wonderful smooth ride off-road AT ANY SPEED unlike the jacked-up LX.

It’s great that you can fit 35” tires when you do sensor lift. But at what cost? s***ty ride? Poor articulation? No thanks. That’s crazy that you keep advertising that “mod”!

Past any mileage? Look at how many threads on failed globes or poor AHC ride at under 150k miles!! I don’t see much of anything from LC side. Shocks are cheap for LC. No need to replace the springs for a long long long time. Replace the LC shocks at 150-200k and call it a day.

Yeah, let’s talk about long-term cost of AHC vs. stock LC. You’re kidding, right?! Was that your attempt at a joke?

LC cannot touch what LX can do stock?! Huh?! With what? Your low hanging bumpers on 2016+? Your poor articulation? Your poor ride? Oh, and of course, your poorer on-road handling? Your high maintenance cost? You NEED to be in HI mode to even come close to stock LC clearances! But then your ride and articution go down the drain!

What is good about AHC? It can lower down for old people? Sure. It helps with towing and brake dive? Sure. That’s about it dude.

My zero understanding? How many times have i corrected your WRONG “assumptions” on this forum?! Remember, how you said LX handles like your 911 TT?! Or how 8-speed auto is something special (“deep capability” lol)?! How LX out handles LC on-road?! LOL

Oh remember the time when you outright LIED about the picture you posted??? LOL Classic!

My AT is for posing?! Look at your pics dude! You drive up a little rock and pose!!!!!!! LITERALLY. LOL. Isn’t your spare tire smaller than your other 4?? Oh yeah, real off-road cred there! Are you s***ting me TeCKis300?!

Everyone else has awesome suspension. Just yours specifically sucks bad. Especially compared to AHC. Which is why you're always trolling these threads for how to fix your bad suspension, stiff tires, and poser sliders.

Enjoy the ride. 😀

Yet, no dealer does it. Very few owners do it. Dealers rather wait until AHC fails then they recommend replacing the whole system for $25-30k. I guess Lexus owners are rich…so they can afford it or dump it.

and when there is a problem with the system, it is a mad hunt on eBay for various parts.
25-30K? Where did you get that number LOL

Everyone else has awesome suspension. Just yours specifically sucks bad. Especially compared to AHC. Which is why you're always trolling these threads for how to fix your bad suspension, stiff tires, and poser sliders.

Enjoy the ride. 😀
Huh?! That’s your sad response?! Lol. Ok dude.

You found your next pebble to drive over and pose yet?

Last edited:
Last edited:
That sounds like dealers who want nothing to do with AHC so they threw out insane numbers. I guess I am lucky, my dealer seems to know a bit about AHC.

I am pretty sure there isn't a single LX owner that paid anywhere near that to repair AHC. Those are made up numbers to make the customer go away

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom