Pulled the trigger on a new set of globes… have you? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is there a chance that you installed the front globes in the rear and the rear ones in the front? Did you get to take a look at the sensors?

Is there a chance that you installed the front globes in the rear and the rear ones in the front? Did you get to take a look at the sensors?
I absolutely made sure fronts went on front and rears on rear. Yesterday we got huge rain storms so I’ll mess around with it today. I’ll post pictures of the sensors, I’m not sure what they should look like or how they should be set, if there any info on this specificly?

Ok, here are pics of the height sensors, the fronts look even, how ever the rears… one is centered and one is all the way low. Should these be centered or in the low position? I’m hoping this difference is the issue???

Ok, here are pics of the height sensors, the fronts look even, how ever the rears… one is centered and one is all the way low. Should these be centered or in the low position? I’m hoping this difference is the issue???

A6869B70-2CD5-4DF4-AA51-77CB8F06E78A.jpeg

C025C76B-393F-4669-A828-D8DEA7DF3CDF.jpeg

889BE8FC-FFD3-476C-9FFA-828E1ED89F3D.jpeg

Annoying update of the day, so I moved both the rear sensors to the lowest position and the truck rides MUCH BETTER, atleast on an initial ride around the neighborhood. Truck goes up and down in the speed it should if not faster, very smooth up and down. When it was in H before going to N it would drop down slightly uneven, not it lowered exactly the same and smooth. I’m hoping this is as the fix, I’m not sure who messed with these before of if this was the fix, also an alignment was done before buying the truck with the sensors different so I’m thinking of doing an alignment the way it sits now and seeing if that fine tunes it. Let’s hope this is the end of this thread… will report back after a long drive this afternoon that’s already planned. Thanks everyone for the help and suggestions on here, this kinda stuff is frustrating and any help/thoughts/ideas always are appreciated

If you had an aggressive sensor lift that can stiffen up the ride.
And yes, it does affect alignment.

Annoying update of the day, so I moved both the rear sensors to the lowest position and the truck rides MUCH BETTER, atleast on an initial ride around the neighborhood. Truck goes up and down in the speed it should if not faster, very smooth up and down. When it was in H before going to N it would drop down slightly uneven, not it lowered exactly the same and smooth. I’m hoping this is as the fix, I’m not sure who messed with these before of if this was the fix, also an alignment was done before buying the truck with the sensors different so I’m thinking of doing an alignment the way it sits now and seeing if that fine tunes it. Let’s hope this is the end of this thread… will report back after a long drive this afternoon that’s already planned. Thanks everyone for the help and suggestions on here, this kinda stuff is frustrating and any help/thoughts/ideas always are appreciated

When lowering the nut, the trucks lifts.

Adjust the sensors front and rear so the fender heights from the hub are in spec. There is a thread that will get you there.

When lowering the nut, the trucks lifts.

Adjust the sensors front and rear so the fender heights from the hub are in spec. There is a thread that will get you there.
Ok, I need to find this cause it still isn’t the way it should be, I thought I had luck around town but not so much on the drive this afternoon.

it might be worth re-stabilizing suspension. Park the truck on a level surface, then start loosening all suspension joints. Bounce each corner then torque. There’s only so many reasons your ride can be garbage, and sounds like you’ve given the old college try to the AHC.

it might be worth re-stabilizing suspension. Park the truck on a level surface, then start loosening all suspension joints. Bounce each corner then torque. There’s only so many reasons your ride can be garbage, and sounds like you’ve given the old college try to the AHC.
Yea I think it’s past the ahc at this point. I’m wondering if an alignment could be the culprit also. Is there any spot that would have all the torque specs for suspension components?

Weird…seeing a lot of globes needing to be replaced at under 150k miles…..yet Teckis300 claims that AHC can lasts 300k miles without needing anything….
Based on everyone I know with LX570s, no replacement is ever needed unless physically damaged. Why do people think they need changed?

Based on everyone I know with LX570s, no replacement is ever needed unless physically damaged. Why do people think they need changed?
The membrane in the accumulator will naturally seep N2 over the lifespan of the globe to the point where performance and capacity are diminished.

Yea I think it’s past the ahc at this point. I’m wondering if an alignment could be the culprit also. Is there any spot that would have all the torque specs for suspension components?

Front:
LCA-207
UCA-136
Shock-133
Swaybar-100

Rear
Shock-72
Swaybar (to endlink) - 35
UCA/LCA/Panhard-111 (both ends)

Anyone have heights for AHC each wheel fender adjustment should be? I think I need to get that to spec and do an alignment also

Not just the globes…the lines are exposed to weathering and hard to get to to prevent rust/perforation…but the main issue is that AHC is (too) complex system that is a PIA to diagnose and fix. See this thread. I hope for the OP that this is NOT AHC related.

(LC has one thing exposed: KDSS valve rust which can be easily prevented…and easy to diagnose if it turns to crap by secondary owners.)

Most LX (non-Mud) owners and dealers never touch AHC…never flush even…so, secondary market owners have to suffer with “try this, try that, fix this, fix that” with AHC. $$$. Hours wasted that you could do something else more productive. Some folks here love to recommend USED LX to unsuspecting potential buyers because they are cheaper…but is it really cheaper to own?

I miss Homer dearly!

If they can bleed brakes - they can service AHC.
Yet, no dealer does it. Very few owners do it. Dealers rather wait until AHC fails then they recommend replacing the whole system for $25-30k. I guess Lexus owners are rich…so they can afford it or dump it.

and when there is a problem with the system, it is a mad hunt on eBay for various parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom