Pulled the trigger!! Got me some pink panties! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Finally, after about 3 months of searching I find myself in a silver 97 LX450 with 105K on the clock.. I really wanted a locked one but I came across this one and it was such a good deal I couldn't pass on it. Here are the high points:

1. Complete Lexus service history - all the major services plus lexus oil changes in between. Birf seals look good on the outside along with the front diff fluid. I'm still going to pull them apart though - as most of you would to.

2. No smoking and I don't think I have any HG fears right now. Passsed the bubble test, exhaust smells good, no evidence of external leaking. Plus the system has been flushed at 30K, 60K, and 90K. I will be thoroughly checking out the hoses and PHH and replacing just to be sure. Since all the gear boxes have been changed out on a regular basis also and look good now I will probably wait a few miles and work on other items as my time is limited.

3. Has heated seats!!!! I don't know if this is a Slee product or what as I bought from a dealer that thought all of them have this option. I will get you guys some pictures as someone may know.

4. Overall in great shape mechanically which was the most important thing for me. Texas and Oklahoma truck its whole life and only 2 owners that both took it to Lexus for service. Traded in on a new BMW 7 series.

Now the spots that need some work:

1. Seats - Leather is in OK shape. It just hasn't been conditioned on a regular basis and looks/feels as such. I'm going to clean it up good today and lay the feed/conditioner to it. Any ideas on what you think is best?

2. Has some minor hail damage on the hood. Only 3 dings that are noticeable from the drivers seat but it if you really get down and look at it you can see some more. I used to work at a body shop so in a few months I'll get to work on this.

3. On the right rear door the the trim that goes around the window (it's black and on the other doors it's kinda a rubber feeling item) is either missing or has just degraded really bad. Has a rust look to it so I was going to sand it down and repaint it. Maybe C-dan knows if this is a replaceable part or not???

4. Some scratches here and there but nothing my 3M compound and buffer can't work out. Plus I will be adding those on a regular basis I am sure!

I know, I know....pictures. My wife has the camera in her purse so later today I will get some up. Sorry for the long post but I am happy I finally found one I am content with. Looked at and priced quite a few but I picked this one at a good price.

Last edited:
Welcome, are those panties thong? Pics before the herd starts heckling you..
I use a Meguiers leather treatment and it really helps bring back the supple characteristics of the leather

Now the spots that need some work: 1. Seats - Leather is in OK shape. It just hasn't been conditioned on a regular basis and looks/feels as such. I'm going to clean it up good today and lay the feed/conditioner to it. Any ideas on what you think is best? :[/QUOTE said:
See posts on Leatherique. Used it and my leather is 9.5 out of 10

Another LX, shweeet.

I know the pics, the pics...they are coming this afternoon.

My big problem with the seats is I am sure I can make some major improvements but they are already starting some cracking. I'm going to fix them up as much as possible and see how it progresses from there.

The panties are more of the boy cut type. My wife has some of those and man they are nice (on here of course, not so much me)!:)

Another item of concern is that when I put it in low range the lock light and ABS lights do not come on. Everything is working fine just no lights. I haven't really looked into this yet but I am guessing a wire, sensor or the lights are burnt out. I can't imagine both of those indicator lights are burnt out. Heck even the D light and power antenna work!:doh:

Welcome to the pink panties club!!!

Thanks. I will be wearing them proudly. This is my 3rd Lexus that I have had and I like it already more than the RX300 and LX470 I had.

I stopped counting how many Toyotas I have had. I'm die hard on the Yota's.

Welcome to the pink panties brigade and don't feel bad because your panties did not come with lockers. You can always retrofit or install ARB later. Enjoy the ride and again Welcome :flipoff2:

Welcome to the Lexus Nation!:princess: :flipoff2: :princess:

Sounds like you found a good deal.

acolella said:
See posts on Leatherique. Used it and my leather is 9.5 out of 10

Another vote for Leatherique - 12 year old leather and it looks great for 12 year old leather.

Leatherique will help condition the leather to not only bring them back to supple, but also really slow down on future cracking and wear by keeping them conditioned.

adam4x4 said:
Sorry for the long post but I am happy I finally found one I am content with. . :princess:

No need to apologize, we all know how you feel!

Congratulations, it sounds like a good one.

Wow, sounds like a really nice rig. Welcome!

Leatherique is the way to go. https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=12774

If anyone can get the trim for you, its CruiserDan! 1 800 432 6668 ext 8

And again, welcome and congrats on the panties!!! :D :flipoff2: :D

Sweet, another Silver.

Welcome!

Here is a pic. Not very good one as it is from the dealer website - first thing I did was get the center caps painted up!!!
JT6HJ88J2V0161685_BHCAW1.jpg

That looks really clean. Nice find..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom