Pulled my DS Birf (easy!) but no steering knuckle shims? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just like the title says.. I FINALLY got around to starting the axle service on my truck... which winds up was not needed as everything in there (driver's side) looks like it was brand new from the factory... no leakage from diff,.. nice amount of grease etc.,.. but since i was replacing the rotors though I might as well go the extra 8-12 bolts in :). Bearings and races all looked pristine so,.. even though there's no record of it ever being done,.. It must have been,.. and recent to my purchasing it.

I only did the one side as I do not plan on swapping sides.. read a few posts where (I think Cristo was referenced) it really makes no difference.. especially if there's no clicking or anything.

Thing is,.. I see a lot of references to Knuckle bearing shims and I have none... nothing has been dropped or anything.. there just aren't any.. is this normal? Should I be concerned? I went out and double checked everything but no shims at all.

BTW.. Not the messy horror I expected based on all previous posts. :)

Also... I found that a toilet brush and citrus solvent made quick work of cleaning everything of dirt/grime beforehand.

Now i'm going to be enjoying myself a delicious Pumpkin beer while my DS Axle/birf sits in a citrus solvent. :)

I'll be finishing things tomorrow on the DS and proceeding to the PS.

Bill

Last edited:
Cool.. I can stop worrying :)... because you know like,.. it was driving me to drink :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom