Puerto Penasco tips? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Put this on Chat, but didn't get responses. Thought I would try you folks.
Never been to Puerto Penasco. Looking for any and all recommendations. Places to stay Condo/ or? Charter fishing? Restaurants? Taking wife and two teenage boys first week in April. Plan on staying 4-5 days. TIA

We've always stayed at Los Palomas and always had a good time. Very family friendly, you get access to both resorts, great pools, bars, and always felt very safe. 95% of the people you'll run into that aren't employees or vendors are from Phoenix & Tucson. So aside from the border crossing and when you leave the condo/resort areas, you never truly feel like you're in another country, which probably is the best introduction to "real" Mexico. Also can't comment much on restaurants, I've been four or five times but always stop by a supermarket in town and buy all of our food & booze to save some extra money just cooking at the condo.

A few years back a buddy and I went to town and found one of the vendors for a charter fishing trip, at first, it was very sketchy having us show up one place, drive to another, etc. but we ended up having a great time and caught about 20 fish each that the guide filleted and cleaned up for us on the boat and we came back with plenty of food. I don't know if I would recommend THAT process for a family, we were to young dudes and never felt unsafe so we went ahead with it. You'd probably be safer going with the more well advertised companies that have websites.

Stay at Las Palomas. check out Wrecked at the Reef for lunch or dinner. Kid friendly. Rent a charter for half a day from the marina. Bring your catch to the restaurants by the marina and they will cook it for you.

Las Palomas, I used to own a unit, now rent at least once/year. It's great, just don't go during Easter or any other big Catholic weekend.

I'd recommend a room over in "Phase 2" - it's the newer of the two sets of buildings, Phase 1 is starting to show its age.

Wrecked at the Reef, as noted above, for sure. I've seen Roger Clyne down there a couple times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom