puddle lights for '05 LX - sourcing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Too much deep snow in N Idaho...must've strained the wiring on my drivers' side puddle lights. I bought these from a MUD maker about 4+ yrs ago, but can't find him now. They were plug n play into the existing running board harness connector, a very easy install. Any ideas on replacing?
PXL_20220121_170404951.jpg

@Ramathorn15

thanks - I visited their site earlier and didn't see anything...better look closer.

I knew this day would come! You have the first reported failure of the OG lights I made.

Is it just one light that's burned out? The manufacturer I used doesn't make the light anymore which was part of the reason I quit selling them.

These look the same, but I'd double check the dimensions before ordering. If they match, it's a simple red to red, black to black wiring job to replace one.

Chelhead 2 PACK 12V Mini Day Time Running Light Bars 5.7 Inch 6500K White Bumper Fog Light Backup Reverse Lights 24V Trucks Side Marker Indicator Lighting for ATV SUV Jeep Boat Motor 4x4 Ford F150 Amazon product ASIN B087JFXP3B

I was backing up a road with a steep packed snowbank maybe 6" clearance on ea side and got sideways, surprised it didn't tear everything out!
In the two pods, one-half of each light strip is on, the other half is out. So, likely not a light failure...

I was backing up a road with a steep packed snowbank maybe 6" clearance on ea side and got sideways, surprised it didn't tear everything out!
In the two pods, one-half of each light strip is on, the other half is out. So, likely not a light failure...

Hmm that's odd. I'd pull them down and check all the wiring. You can also use a multi meter to ensure your still getting around ~12v at each light.

Thanks for tip, R. Btw, you might not remember, but you helped me thru the AHC journey (pressure readings, TBs, etc) about 2 yrs ago. I ended up just throwing in some used LC 100 springs in the rear. The daily "ride" now, of course, is not nearly what it had been. On the other hand, when I go to the mountains with 1400 lbs of gear + people, or haul my loaded box trailer around, it actually rides fine and doesn't want to shift and stay in "Low".

Thanks for tip, R. Btw, you might not remember, but you helped me thru the AHC journey (pressure readings, TBs, etc) about 2 yrs ago. I ended up just throwing in some used LC 100 springs in the rear. The daily "ride" now, of course, is not nearly what it had been. On the other hand, when I go to the mountains with 1400 lbs of gear + people, or haul my loaded box trailer around, it actually rides fine and doesn't want to shift and stay in "Low".
You were right, to check voltage. I had ~12v at the initial harness connection, so then had to work downstream. My snowventure had just strained the wiring at the first puddle junction of three wires, causing intermittency. Your lights are still good (!) although I ended up using one of the new ones I bought, as it provided the extra length of wire I needed after stripping back the existing. It was just easier than re-building a new harness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom