PTO Yoke Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello All
I finally got my winch installed and tested it out this past weekend. It wasn't a staight pull and the cable jumped the spool and I broke a strand or two. I did get up the hill, with a lot of help from my friends. Freshly graded Tennessee clay can be very slick in a downpour.
My question is this, is the yoke that fits the PTO winch input shaft supposed to fit snugly, with no play or wobble? Mine is loose and the hole for the shear pin is wallowed out. It would seem that all this play would cause wear on all the parts and cause the pin to fail prematurely. Mine broke without much strain on it. I was just going uphill with no obstacles blocking my path.
Thanks in advance for any insights.
Peter

It is definitely not supposed to wobble around. Sounds like you need to find a different yoke and maybe have the input shaft repaired (built up with weld and then machined back to the proper size).

Nick

Nick
Thanks for the info. I didn't think this was stock but had no experience operating a PTO and didn't have anyone else's to look at for comparison.
Now, anyone have a spare yoke in decent shape or know of a source?
Thanks
Peter

You could drill out the hole large enough so that it is round and use the appropriate roll-pin.

The yoke is already ruined...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom