PTO Yoke Frozen (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi there, I’m in the process of installing an ARB bumper on my bj74. The PTO yoke that attaches to the winch is completely frozen on the splined shaft and will not come off. I’ve soaked in penetrating oil for a few days and tried several two-arm and pitman arm pullers without success. Any suggestions on this? I’ve pulled the u-joint off. I’m assuming the yoke is designed to move in an out similar to a drive shaft or a steering column.

Thanks, Michael

The universal joint yoke on the gearbox side of that front PTO UJ should indeed move in & out. Mine's always been quite loose there. Have you tried heating it? A smack on the side while under tension may crack it too.

Cheers
Clint

The spud shaft should have a roll pin holding it on, no splines if this is a factory pto? Pics would help determine

The spud shaft should have a roll pin holding it on, no splines if this is a factory pto? Pics would help determine

Factory pto.

A706A24D-05D0-459A-AFD4-58232EAF274D.jpeg

Thought you were referring to the spud shaft on the winch head. That part in the pic should have splines, throw some heat on it to expand it, works every time. Also, make sure someone didn’t weld it on, seen it a couple times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom