pto winch shifter (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
ok, here we go, just bought another toy, and got a factory pto winch with it. The winch, pillow block bearing and the gearbox all bolted up beautifully, only one problem, i didnt get a shifter with it. Does anyone know where to get a shifter at, I havent had a lot of luck with sor or cool cruisers, and hit dead ends around here. Also from what I hear I need the pivot bolt that bolts on the side of the tranny. Any help would be great, I dont want to start building yet, cause the cruiser is in really good shape and all original. thanks
:cheers:

When I switched to a four speed I used linkage for the dash mounted high low shifter for linkage from PTO unit, cut one end off, thread it and put the end back on. You could use a bolt thread into the transmission with nuts to lock it in place and space the shifter off the transmission. Install washers on both sides of the shifter to help it shift smoothly. For the shifter itself the early floor shifter from the three speed transfercase looks like it could use with a little work and I've seen military shifter locks that looks like they would work to lock the shifter on the PTO shifter on the transmission cover.

John

I used parts from the column shifter and built mine. Just had to do a little cutting and welding and made it work.

Living in the Past said:
...shifter locks that looks like they would work to lock the shifter on the PTO shifter on the transmission cover.

John

This *may* still be available from Toyota....the little stamped steel gate piece. I purchased one new a few years back....

Good luck!

Start fabbin...

:beer:

thanks for the input, all of you, looks like ill have to build something, and yall had some great ideas, and I happen to have all the linkage and stuff from a 3 speed, I have a local guy here who deals in the old military stuff, guess ill look there too, thanks alot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom