PTO Winch Prices (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Threads
I know we have touched on this subject some time ago But what would you guys pay to own an almost new Toyota PTO Winch and Gearbox with every part included from the Selctor knob to the hook? I found this setup in my area and the owner is asking $700.00 for it. He claims to have had is mounted for only 2 years and It has been in storage for most of it's life. It looks great and has very little wear. What do you guys think? Should I seal the deal? -Thanks (BTW, I know the advantages and drawbacks of a PTO winch but it should only see light use when mounted to my 40)

I paid $250 for one complete setup that had one broken mounting foot on the winch head, and a frozen solid fairlead. Some quality fab time fixed the winch head, and I cut the rollers off and made new ones. My other pto I paid $350 for, and it was 100%. Both had shifters, shafts, winch head and pto gearbox. Niether were 4 speed models, so I had to lengthen driveshafts. So, it depends how serious of a shopper you are, and how bad you want one. $700 is fair if it's all ther, all works, and it's close to you, and you don't care about saving ~$200...The one thing many of them are missing when for sale are the cast iron wedges that tip the rear mount up to keep the winch level and secure when mounted...

I would say go for it 700.00 is a decent deal. Think if you were buying an 8724-50...they are about 900-1100 and you are getting way more for your 700.00 plus no fab time or fixin...;)

Stew

Well, If I go with the PTO setup, are there any good sources for parts other than SOR? Also, where would I be able to purchase a new PTO winch that would work in place of the original factory Toyota PTO winch in case I need to upgrade? -thx

I'll say this:
If you decide not to buy it for $700, I'll buy it from him for that or $800! I think it is a great deal.
I haven't found any other source for winch parts except SOR.

Well, If I go with the PTO setup, are there any good sources for parts other than SOR? Also, where would I be able to purchase a new PTO winch that would work in place of the original factory Toyota PTO winch in case I need to upgrade?  -thx
If you install it right, and keep oil in it, and don't beat it, AND use a TOYOTA OEM ONLY shear bolt, you shouldn't ever need any parts. 'Cept maybe a cable or stuff thats not specific. The biggie is using Toyota shear bolts. Thats a must.

You can run a PTO all day long while you have to wait for the electric winch to cool down and gain some more power from the battery. Plus you have 4 different speed options, a 150+ horse power winch. &nbsp:Downside is the sheer pin is really weak and some people modify that to fit something beefier. Another downside to the PTO is if you engine isn't running no winch. But all in all i love my PTO personally and doing everything i can to keep it while modifying my cruiser.

Travis

At PBB they talk about swapping the shear pin with a nut and bolt :eek: and they claim that the cable will snap before the gears in the winch are damaged, but I dont think that would be wise idea no matter how badly you need to pull your ass out of a situation. Sad part was, people were actually doing this and talking about how great it works. "Sure you dont need a 20 amp fuse for that ignition circuit. Here, put a bolt in it's place." LOL ;)

Hello,
That is an excellent buy. Many on the web - when you can locate them go for $1,200.00=1,500
for the total made in Japan parts. They have been going up in the last few years because of restoration projects on numberous FJ40 years. Some are at the $2,000 range in the Calif. , ID. many of the
Rocky Mt. States. They have not made these PTO winchs in over 25 years.
Go for it fast!!!

Hello,
That is an excellent buy. Many on the web - when you can locate them go for $1,200.00=1,500
for the total made in Japan parts. They have been going up in the last few years because of restoration projects on numberous FJ40 years. Some are at the $2,000 range in the Calif. , ID. many of the
Rocky Mt. States. They have not made these PTO winchs in over 25 years.
Go for it fast!!!

This thread is ten years old.

Spammer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom