PTO winch for 40 series near Vancouver, BC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
SOLD!!!

I have a 40 series PTO winch for sale. Includes winch, cable, shifter, shaft assy and PTO. Minor modification will need to be made to the shaft length to fit your truck. I am assuming this because I only held it in place on my truck and it seemed just short...or long(cant remember since it was last year!) May just be that it is for a gas powered 40 and not a diesel. it looked like the brackets would bolt right up to the frame. The winch bolts on to the top of the frame. The PTO fits a split case.

$800 pick-up preferred, but willing to ship
PICT5590.jpg

Last edited:
How does that shifter fit up to the tunnel? I have the same set-up yet to be installed- but on mine the shaft is 2 parts- not 3. Were these all removed from the same truck? Nice looking set!

Pete

Pete, From laying under the truck, I believe the shifter mounts to the frame and then goes through a hole in the floor on the left side of the tranny hump. This kit was pieced together so it may be different than stock, i'm not sure. When i temporarily threw the winch on the front and the shaft into position, i think it was either too long by an inch or two. It looked like the shaft bracket would line up with the holes in the frame rail. Again, that was a year ago, so with all of the other projects that seem to take my attention also, i dont exactly remember.

I believe the PTO should fit onto a split case, but i am not 100% sure of the differences between the non split and split cases in the PTO area.

Petzel

How does that shifter fit up to the tunnel? I have the same set-up yet to be installed- but on mine the shaft is 2 parts- not 3. Were these all removed from the same truck? Nice looking set!

Pete

Oh, if only you could ship!!!

is the bolt pattern symmetrical or slightly offset on the pto/transfer mating flange? is this forward as well as reverse?

That will tell you if it is for a split case or not. I think the 3 piece shaft is either from a 55/60- not a 40- though they may be able to be made to work. There has been a similar setup for sale at the same price for almost a year- so you might consider either breaking the set or shipping if you want to move it. Especially since the split case take off seems to be rather hard to find- especially if it has reverse. In fact if you do break it up I'd be interested for the shifter/cable as mine is shot. Best to keep the PTO and the shifter as a set though.

Pete

Last edited:
Ok...back from holidays...

The PTO fits a split case. It only has forward, no reverse.

I will update my firt post with this info as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom