pto, transfer and gearbox compatability (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i got a bj42 with a splitcase and a pto from a 1 piece out of a 76 bj also got a transfer from the 76. will the 1piece transfer fit on the gearbox on my bj42 with the split case??

i got a bj42 with a splitcase and a pto from a 1 piece out of a 76 bj also got a transfer from the 76. will the 1piece transfer fit on the gearbox on my bj42 with the split case??

Nope. Split case PTO gearboxes are hard to find, at least, they have been for me...

Dan

nah nah i got a 1 piece pto, found it up at a farm. but will the 1 piece transfer fit on my gearbox?

To clarify, fraza is asking if the one piece transfer case will bolt onto his gearbox that currently has a split case bolted onto it. I believe the answer is no... But don't want to steer him wrong.

I too believe the answer is no. I think there is a different spline count on the output shaft and the diameter of the shaft may also not match.... I'm sure someone will confirm sooner or later.

16 spline before 8/80. 19 spline on the 8/80 and later. I believe the rear main shaft could be switched between the two but I think the back plate would have to be switched also to match the different transfer case bolt patterns. If those are interchangeable I'm not sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom