PTO shift linkage for a 4 speed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know how long the linkage from the PTO shift lever to PTO actuator is supposed to be for a 4 speed? I finally got my PTO gear in and now it looks like the linkage is a couple inches too short.
Thanks
Peter

Peter,
There weren't a lot of PTO systems installed on US sold Land Cruisers with four speed transmissions (if there were any at all). Toyota or it's dealers, began offering an electric winch option at about the same time as the trans upgrade from 3-speed.

Your extended shift rod is about the only way to go. The four speeds do have a hole for the linkage pivot but the rod needs a couple of inches and sometimes a couple of bends to bring it to the PTO shifter, as you seem to know. Not difficult to make it work nice and tight.
The ball swivel rod end thingies are available at most hardware stores.

When I converted my three speed to a four speed I use the linkage from the dash mounted high low range shifter. The part that runs to the transfer case. I measured my stock PTO linkage and made this one three and a half inches longer, threaded the end I cut off and used the ends off the old linkage.

John

honk said:
Peter,
There weren't a lot of PTO systems installed on US sold Land Cruisers with four speed transmissions (if there were any at all).

Have one on a '77-55, that was on there from the get go... ;)

Have seen three or four 4 speed trucks with PTO winch set ups on them around here over the years...

I would agree that they are not near as common as a three speed set up.

:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom