PTO gear orientation in a 4spd transfercase. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have searched for the correct orientation but have gotten conflicting info.
Which is correct?
1655904135987.png
pto.PNG

Thats it, just 1 pic is an oem shaft and 1 is a spud shaft from adapter kit. PTO goes on after input.

I understand the order of the gears, but I need to know the orientation of the PTO gear. In one picture the side with the machined step touches the input gear and in the other picture it is opposite.

Both pictures show the gears in the proper orientation. As previously stated one is on the transmission shaft and the second is on an Advance Adapter spud shaft. What configuration are you working with?

I'm working with the 4 speed transmission to transfer case

I would assume the top picture is correct then?

I took my PTO unit back off and measured from the bolt hole to the side of the gear in the case and on the PTO. They match perfectly. Thank god. The top picture with the stepped side towards the input gear seems to be correct.

Both pictures show the gears in the proper orientation. As previously stated one is on the transmission shaft and the second is on an Advance Adapter spud shaft. What configuration are you working with?

Never had that style Advance Adapter spud shaft but would assume the input gear and PTO gear are both for a J30 three speed or rare early four speed. The first picture looks to be a 74-4/75 four speed with the narrow input gear. 4/75-7/80 four speed have a wider gear.

Here's a pic of mine before I split the trans and transferase pic 1 looks correct

IMG_3098.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom