PSD vs CTD video

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by e rock, Jun 29, 2005.

1. e rock

e rock

2. firetruck41

firetruck41

Hard to tell what that really means, one has a better driving surface? one has more power? one is heavier which translates to better traction? one driver is overzealous and can't get traction 'cuz he floored it and lost traction?
    Would be anembarassing moment for the Ford driver though :D .

3. e rock

e rock

The Dodge gets more torque to the ground.

I think it's a combination of more torque being produced by the motor, gearing (probably not an issue in this case), traction available (tires, driving surface, vehicle weight), and driving style.

I'm pretty sure that CTD is making considerably more torque than the PSD, and probably has a weight advantage, but I think the biggest issue is driving style. If you watch, the Ford is just spinning tires most of the time while the Dodge is pulling slowly and braking occasionally. By keeping the torque output below the 'spinning tire' threshhold, he maintained control and just pulled away slowly.

My 2 cents...

4. E-TX-TOYOTA

E-TX-TOYOTA

Also what are the year models of the trucks the CTD looks to be a newer model truck that is turning out more HP and torque than the PSD. something else to think about is the trans. Are they autos. or manual. I don't pick sides I have a '99 PSD 4X4 and my wife has a '04 CTD 4X4 I like both.

5. wtmtnterror

wtmtnterror SILVER Star

Another example of Ford getting owned by Cummins....gotta love that :D
    I like how the guy just toys with him, pulls a little....brakes....pulls some more! You just can't beat the six for torque, and I think that the weight difference is marginal there. :flipoff2:

6. Mace

Mace rock scientist.. Staff Member s-Moderator

lol

Do you really believe that a Cummins is ALWAYS better than a PSD??

driver error, mods to the motor or even track conditions make no difference???

Come on.. They are both great motors.
    You might as well say a 454 always beats a 460

7. wtmtnterror

wtmtnterror SILVER Star

show me a Ford with 750k or even 500k on the odo that can still run down the road. Cummins has exceeded this mark many times over (yeah I'm talking about dodge trucks here) with flying colors. You're a cruiserhead right? you should know more than most poeple about the longevity of the inline six design, it is a simply motor that will produce monster torque with very little effort. Can a V-8 diesel make power as efficiently as a six, I don't think so. We are talking about fewer moving parts to break here.

8. swank60

swank60

I can only marvel at the basic stupidity it takes to hook two trucks up with a tow strap, put 'em in 4 wheel drive on a paved road, point them in opposite directions and see which one will pull the other.

I'm the only person here that thinks that's the dumbest s*** ever? (granted, I had friends in High School in rural Texas who'd challenge others to do that sort of thing...but when you're 16 years old, that sort of outright stupidity is expected.)

:fartblossomspecial:

9. e rock

e rock

I still do that on occasion (and I haven't been 16 for a long time). There are literally tons of local kids that all think their YJs and TJs are unstoppable. I haven't had a Jeep beat me yet. "Alright - my Cruiser is 41 years old and still running the original motor with 195K on it. Anybody want to try to pull me?" I never even spin a tire. I think an XJ would be a bit more of a challenge if it was geared lower, but the SWP jeeps are just too light to get enough traction. I suppose the lockers and sm420 help a bit, tho.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.