PSA Re: door speakers on 80s without OEM front speakers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently started rebuilding my doors. My truck is a '91 and doesn't have speakers in the front doors, or a cutout on the door card for them. The metal underneath has an opening for a speaker, and the wires are there, so I cut a hole for speakers in the new door cards I made. I didn't buy speakers for the front yet and was moving on to the back doors. I had always heard that 6.5" fits in the front doors and 5.25" fits in the back doors. I bought some 5.25" 4-way speakers for my back doors while they were apart and they DON'T FIT! So, apparently, on cruisers that didn't come with factory front door speakers, there is a size difference. My new 5.25" speakers fit fine in the front doors, but there is no way I'm fitting 6.5" speakers in there without some cutting. The magnets for the speakers won't even fit in the holes. My new plan is to use the 5.25" speakers for the front doors and get some smaller ones for the back doors. Just figured I'd pass that information on to anyone else who may not have factory front speakers. 6.5" doesn't fit! Hope this helps someone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom