PSA: OE oil filters (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My local Walmart just started carrying OE Toyota/Lexus oil filters (along with a bunch of other OE part manufacturers like Mopar, Motorcraft, Hyundai, etc) right there on the automotive aisle. They aren’t listed in the little filter-lookup computer but luckily, smartphones exist for part number confirmation.
It was about $6.50 give or take a few cents.
Pretty handy if your dealer isn’t conveniently located.
B76EB614-9A86-4137-8CEE-2CFD6C2303D9.jpeg

well that's a new one. i'll have to take a look next time i'm there. thanks for sharing
Yeah, I was about to walk away with the K&N cartridge I've bought there before, but I saw that red and white box on the shelf out of the corner of my eye. They had 5-6 different Toyota filters there. I figured the chances were good that a 5.7L would be represented.

I always buy my oil from there, as it's notably cheaper than the local auto parts stores for the same stuff. Like, $10 cheaper for the same 5 qt bottle.

I posted these a month or two ago and was equally surprised. There was a thread not too long ago showing counterfeit filters on found on Amazon, and I compared the pictures of genuine and counterfeit to my Walmart filter and verified it's authenticity. I also buy my oil from Walmart because of the significant price difference.

Well this thread got me thinking so I checked my invoice from last time I bought filters and I actually pay less for these from the dealer at ~$5 bucks piece. I believe list price is just over $5 so the walmart deal would be more for convenience that anything else. Not sure what other dealers sell them for so YMMV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom