PSA Change your heater T's!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,
Just wanted to post a thank you for all the good posts here regarding the heater T's. I put it off, but decided the Beast was taking a road trip, so it was time to change them out. I'm glad I did! One was crusty and crumbly, the other one broke trying to pull the hose off!
I used a cable style hose clamp plier which was great. Oem T's and easy peasy!
old heater T's.jpg

Yep, definitely get this done! I bought the four seasons steel ones off amazon with some worm gear hose clamps because those tee's are slightly smaller than factory. My tee's didn't fall apart but definitely showed signs they were deteriorating. Also take care of the valve cover gaskets and spark plug seals, PCV valve and PCV hoses because those crack.

Hi, I need to replace my tees. Should you do a Coolant flush when you replace the tees? Just bought the truck a few weeks ago and don’t know much about what service was done prior.

I have a 2000 LC with 240k on it

thanks!

Hi, I need to replace my tees. Should you do a Coolant flush when you replace the tees? Just bought the truck a few weeks ago and don’t know much about what service was done prior.

I have a 2000 LC with 240k on it

thanks!
When was your t-belt last done? If your t-belt was done recently then I wouldn't not worry too much about a flush. You lose hardly any coolant if your nose is downhill when changing the T's. If you do not know when your t-belt was last replaced, well, hmmm, check for stickers under the hood for clues. It should have been replaced around 50ish thousand miles ago, and 50k miles on Toyota Red is not a bad time to change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom