STOLEN Psa. Apple air tag for vehicle tracking (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
If this is the wrong place to post this, I apologize. I recently stumbled on the Apple air tags. They sell for $30 each, aprox the size of a quarter, and can connect to any iPhone via Bluetooth. I have hidden them in my cars, as well as my golf cart. They work really well and send updates to my phone every five minutes. Battery is said to last 1 year.

No annual contract. I have zero affiliation with apple, but think it’s a good cheap product for vehicle tracking. I hate to see these great old trucks getting stolen.

My wife’s expedition was stolen in our back yard (key was in it) and joy ridden for 24 hours and then parked in a apartment complex. Police

I have never heard of this but just read about them on apple’s site, I think I’m going to buy one and try it out. Thanks for the suggestion.
I live in a good neighborhood but you never know who is driving around. I don’t take any chances so I box my 62 in with my truck and front of my shop.

Criminals are now using them. They see a car they want to steal (usually high end) attach an air tag to it. Then go steal it later that night because they know where to find it.

If I had a vehicle susceptible to a “wiggle key,” id put one in as a backup.
Back in February, my wife accidentally left her keys in her expedition with the doors unlocked. Woke up and it was gone. Perps drove it for 12 hours and parked it in a beat down apartment complex 45 minutes away. It was impounded 3 months later as an abandoned vehicle. If I had an air tag, there is a pretty good chance I could have retrieved it within that first 24 hour period.

What you have to remember about Apple AirTags is that if someone (not you) is in the vehicle with an iPhone it alerts them and shows that there is a AirTag present.

You can read more about it here:

Just some food for thought. I wouldn’t be opposed to using it especially if it’s concealed outside the vehicle maybe under the hood?

749FAA5F-593D-409D-8043-52D406CEA2FA.png

What you have to remember about Apple AirTags is that if someone (not you) is in the vehicle with an iPhone it alerts them and shows that there is a AirTag present.

You can read more about it here:

Just some food for thought. I wouldn’t be opposed to using it especially if it’s concealed outside the vehicle maybe under the hood?

View attachment 2874490
I have one in my wife’s truck and she doesn’t know about it. Never mentioned it notifying her. I think it’s perfect for protection from a tweaker that is using the jiggle key method. Probably not smart enough to know about the airtag.

I have one in my wife’s truck and she doesn’t know about it. Never mentioned it notifying her. I think it’s perfect for protection from a tweaker that is using the jiggle key method. Probably not smart enough to know about the airtag.

Just means she hasn't mentioned it. It definitely alerts them.

I will repeat this. Put a battery disconnect on your vehicle. If it doesn't start they are very unlikely to go any further.
The airtags are a great idea but for it to work they have already stolen your ride.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom