PS Pump - Please Identify! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TEQ

Tigger
Threads
Website
www.kindel.com
The PS pump on my '78 was installed by CCOT back in '94. It is leaking and I want to replace it.

The bracket is a very custom CCOT bracket and i want to make sure I get a pump that fits.

Talking with Cruiserdan a while back, he indicated that there were many different mini-truck pumps made over time and he needed more details on what I had before I could order a new one.

Anybody able to tell me, from the pictures below, what my pump is from? I assume it is a mini-truck pump, pre 1994...

Thanks!!!

155875253_59958dbe35.jpg

155875112_afc011de18.jpg

155874974_4aa304f978.jpg

155874817_810a646e93.jpg

It looks like an early mini truck pump, but I can't be sure just by looking at the pictures.

Pin_Head said:
It looks like an early mini truck pump, but I can't be sure just by looking at the pictures.

All the 4 cylinder truck pumps I have seen use a remote reservoir.

cruiserdan said:
All the 4 cylinder truck pumps I have seen use a remote reservoir.

I stand corrected. Someone gave me one like that and said it was from an early truck. The pump body was interchangeable with the remote reservoir type.

Virtually any pump can be made to work if you put enough effort in to it. If you look in the junk yard, many of the Toyota pumps are quite similar, but there are important differences, like the location of the hose fittings, reservour, the bracket mounting holes and and whether the pump is designed to pivot to tension the belt or is fixed and the tensioning is accomplished with an idler pulley.

I would take it in to a parts store and see if they can match it up.

I will buy a Sliver Star for the first person to correctly identify the model and year of this PS pump.

To win I have to be able to source a replacement based on the information you give me.

I have cross posted this several places. Please post your responses in my "Fix up" thread here:

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?p=1359419#post1359419

Last edited:
Last edited:
It does not look anything like the new FJ60 pump I have in stock. In addition it does not look like the catalog illustrations of the FJ62 and FJ80 pumps.

It might be a 5M pump off of a Supra or Cressida. The only catalog illustrations I can find that show two bolts holding on the front of the reservoir are from mid 80's Supras and Cressidas with 5MGE engines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom