PS lines for 84 pickup gear box (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I might have got some bad info or I mighta just screwed up...can anyone confirm which line is pressure and which is return on the steering gearbox from an 84 Toyota pickup? If I got it backwards, I'll be needing lines...

Thanks for the picture Romer. :D
PS%20Install%20019.jpg

Last edited:
Well I guess I'm a dumbass! Thought I triple checked this? Are the threads the same on yours? When I had lines made previously the guys at Williams said they were different. The return line was some british thread?? I'll just use what they gave me to have new lines made, but was wondering if they screwed me up. I'm not trying to blame them for my mistake, but they aren't real user friendly. It was major confusion for them to make these lines in the first place...I was there at LEAST three hours! Don't know anyone else in my area that does this work tho.
Thanks tons!!!!

i belive the return is 18 mm or something i had a huge problem with my return lineand my headers the headers got to close to the return line i needed a stright 90 right away but no one had the size i was looking for. i went down to man a fre and they had no idea they gave me the size im pretty sure it was 18 mm i forget the pitch. but i had to rig up my own fitting for it using the nipple that came with my box, also if i rember correct 3/4 will fit into the steering box and if its the low pressure side it will seal with some teflon. try it im sure itd work

For the return: Buy the nipple from C-dan or a toyota dealer, use 3/8" low-pressure P/S hose. (most saginaw pumps use this size for return as well)

For the high-pressure- Use an FJ60 high pressure line. About $60 at Napa. Works for both Saginaw and Toyota pumps w/ toyota boxes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom