PS Cooler and Foam (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
There is a line of foam under the radiator that soaks up with water. The PS cooler line touches it as it goes under the radiator. The steel PS cooler line is rusted in the area that the soaked foam is. Do I need the foam in that area? Can I cut it out the foam, clean the rust off the line and seal it with something to keep it from rusting more?
kurt

Kurt,

The foam seals around the edge of the radiator to direct air thru it as opposed to around it. With a fully functional cooling system it's probably not all that important.

I couldn't find any 10mm inside dia hose. I did find the Gates from Carquest 5/8" was about 9.5mm vs Napa 5/8" was about 9mm. I put a little Vaseline on to make it slide on easier. It would be a good thing to have on hand or just replace the return line now if you have hi mi as me and Christo both broke PS lines while 4xing.

Could a hydraulic hose shop install hyd. hoses on my steel lines?
Will hyd hoses handle ATF fluid?
kurt

I would imagine that oil is oil. You could ask them what they think. There is a shop here in Albuquerque that we use often to make up stuff for us when somebody is hurting. It's not OEM but it seems to function just fine.

[quote author=cruiserdan link=board=2;threadid=4760;start=msg36485#msg36485 date=1062211455] It's not OEM but it seems to function just fine.
[/quote]

DID I JUST SAY THAT! :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom