PS Cargo panel fiberglass mold

PKP80

Hey guys,
I will probably be fabricating a fiberglass mold of the cargo space in the back of the truck where the sub, amp, and the storage box are. So basically that whole panel so that you can take advantage of all that space. Many of you have asked about integrating a bigger sub in the rear, amp storage, additional cargo storage so this would give you that ability.

I am thinking about just making the frame and mounting face for the area in a rough finish, leaving the depth and use to whom ever aquire one.
Figure it would be about $75-125 per mold, cut and trimmed ready for whatever use you wanted.

Just thought I'd share, let me know what you think and if it might be of interest.

-Sam-

Brentbba

Former Golfer
SILVER Star

I already have a BF subwoofer in the back and you can't even see it. hehehe :flipoff2: Sounds good tho!

I did, however, lose my little storage compartment back there. :crybaby:

One would take this mold and make a speaker box or whatever you wanted to with it correct? It would follow the profile of the original panel? How much volume would that leave?

PKP80

Sorry guys, I have had no time to whip out the fiberglass and resin. I was shooting for a November product turn out but law school, work, and life got in the way. I will eventually get to it and once I do you will know about it.

Sam

PKP80

RavenTai said:
One would take this mold and make a speaker box or whatever you wanted to with it correct? It would follow the profile of the original panel? How much volume would that leave?

Missed that Raven....One could use the mold as is for more storage space, make a speaker box, or whatever.

It will follow the profile of the panel.
Not sure how much volume it would leave, I don't know how deep I want it to go.

SAm

nakman

addict.

Sam, let me know if I can help. I work in rapid prototyping, know several injection molders, vacuum formers, model shops, etc.. even way out there in LA LA land..

Top Bottom