Proud new owner and member here!! 😎🤙 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Been looking forward to this post for years! Finally, after searching for around 5 years and researching these forums, I finally have the reason to sign up😎😎😎

I went from looking for the 08-15 LC/LX to looking for the 2016-present after seeing how the more affordable ones get snatched up so quickly. Decided to go ahead and just spend a little more and get exactly what I wanted. Black on cabernet, fully loaded😀😀😀

This is my first cruiser and I certainly see why people love this vehicle. Most comfortable thing i have ever driven. I made purchase the day before the 300 series reveal and loved all the stories of how the LC was a part of their lives.

Really looking forward to the road ahead.

As a complete newbie, I have several initial questions:

What do you guys use for oil and other consumables?

Do they make a liner for the cool box so that it can be used as a normal cubby?

Where can i get a nice sun shield?

Which battery do you guys prefer? I have heard the offroad guys like Optima.

Recommendations on a vacuum to carry on the car?

How do you protect your leather seats from your dogs nails?

Which product do you guys use for the leather to protect it and keept it smelling Lexus-y?

How to keep the suspension in High mode?

20210612_192217.jpg

20210612_192226.jpg

20210611_183624.jpg

20210609_003855.jpg

Hi and welcome! Congrats on the 16+ LX, I love mine!
Let me just start the flame war right off the bat. :)

After a disappointing 300 series reveal, I am SO Fing glad I got mine last year. I really do think that the refreshed LX is the perfect mix of bullet proof underpinnings and modern interior amenities. It received more interior refinement than the LC did (which I think only got a new screen and knobs), has great aggressive exterior refresh from the previous years bulbous design, and kept everything else the same. If you learn to live with the control puck, which is great in concept but takes a lot of getting used to, the only thing I really miss out on is CarPlay (although there are aftermarket options out there).

I am so happy to own this vehicle and really expect them to shoot up in value since the LC is gone, and the new LX will certainly have things the purists will not like. The 5.7 V8 can produce an insane amount of power supercharged and you also get AHC as standard. There are really no deal breaker options to look for. For any lurkers out there, I highly recommend getting one off lease in the coming years as second only to the HE LC, im certain this specific series will be highly sought after.

Answers to your qs;
Definitely eBay for the storage bin armrest cubby. Search MUD for AHC lift or sensor mod. There are many debates on fluids from oil weight to brand so I won’t get into that. I do have experience in detailing and really like car pro products. As far as leather cleaner and conditioner the best in the industry is colourlock.

Last edited:
If you are looking for some extra ride height you can adjust the height control sensors or change the offset with Techstream. Literally a 10 min job.

You can lock it in high but unplugging the suspension control ECU but it will ride like garbage.

I just picked up a ‘21 LX. I got the sports package due to the preferable look of the grill. It does worsen the approach angle but as I’ve been out testing it in high mode I’ve been pleasantly surprised how much clearance I actually have and what it is capable of ‘out of the box’. Looks like you have 21 inch wheels like I have. To be honest, figuring out my replacement wheel/tire package is my first item of business while keeping an eye on what Cbi is kicking for after market mods. I’m also hoping to see a few people pursue supercharging in 16+ like the 201 to see how they do in the long run. Picture from this last weekend.

I just picked up a ‘21 LX. I got the sports package due to the preferable look of the grill. It does worsen the approach angle but as I’ve been out testing it in high mode I’ve been pleasantly surprised how much clearance I actually have and what it is capable of ‘out of the box’. Looks like you have 21 inch wheels like I have. To be honest, figuring out my replacement wheel/tire package is my first item of business while keeping an eye on what Cbi is kicking for after market mods. I’m also hoping to see a few people pursue supercharging in 16+ like the 201 to see how they do in the long run. Picture from this last weekend.
4BA010C9-505D-4A1F-A0FD-D6F47E4C698E.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom