Proud New Owner 95 FZJ80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Very stoked. Just bought a pretty clean FJ80 in Santa Barbara, starting the overland build, want to have a Baja surf machine. Any recommendations for lighting systems and a rear bumper?

Very stoked. Just bought a pretty clean FJ80 in Santa Barbara, starting the overland build, want to have a Baja surf machine. Any recommendations for lighting systems and a rear bumper?
Welcome!

:flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

You have an FZJ80.
FJ80 is reserved for the 91-92 year models.

There are many bumper threads as well as lighting.

Anything you want to do to your truck has been done before and someone has documented it.

Do some "surfing" through the threads and some searching for what you need!

Good Luck!

Congratulations! Welcome to the disease...

Welcome to the madness !

It's pretty clean, but pics or it didn't happen !

:cheers:

All you need is some jerry cans and you're set!

Question for you guys: I was driving it last night and the cruise control light blinked 5 times and would not set. did some research and the speed sensor or actuator might be off, this morning my check engine light came on. You think this is all correlated? Any recommendations of next steps?

So “stoked” that you forgot to post pictures? I once bought an 80 in Santa Barbara and regretted it due to ocean induced rust. I never should have bought that thing because I ended up selling it a few months later.

Step 1) Procure a Factory Service Manual (FSM)
Step 2) properly diagnose it based on symptoms and troubleshooting.

FSM can be had for free through a search here "for a hell of a price"
Speed sensor can be the issue. I believe it is mounted on the transfer case.
Could be the plug is corroded or loose.
Also could be the throttle cable and the cruise control cable are not adjusted properly and causing issues.

I once bought an 80 in Santa Barbara and regretted it due to ocean induced rust.
Yep, I've seen that rust happen in person, my wife and i moved over to Morro Bay on the central coast of California in the early 80's. Within weeks of being exposed to that marine layer of fine mist that forms everyday off shore, that then blankets the inland. We were able to watch small rust bubbles start to form around the window trim on our car, where no rust had existed before. Within a years time those small rust bubbles had become a cancer, all due to the exposure of that salt mist.

Last edited:
So “stoked” that you forgot to post pictures? I once bought an 80 in Santa Barbara and regretted it due to ocean induced rust. I never should have bought that thing because I ended up selling it a few months later.

Luckily I bought it from the desert, not a speck of rust

Pics!!!

8B652968-71EC-4C08-8AA6-BA3D84922010.jpeg

894267E7-8E76-4445-862A-F4E64109D7BB.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom