Protection for undercarriage after spare tire removed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone have a solution for protecting everything that gets exposed when the spare isn't under the truck? I bought a rear bumper with tire carrier, but now that the spare is missing from underneath, a lot of wires and hydraulics are exposed. Any ideas?
IMG_20180925_185556~2.jpg

I would think something like a sheet of perforated steel would provide good protection. Looks like lots of options for installing a nutsert or similar fitting to secure some steel sheet.

What're your plans for your truck? Lots of time off road on rocky trails, or on the beach, or general off roading?

I would think something like a sheet of perforated steel would provide good protection. Looks like lots of options for installing a nutsert or similar fitting to secure some steel sheet.

What're your plans for your truck? Lots of time off road on rocky trails, or on the beach, or general off roading?
Beach and general off road stuff. I'll get under there and play around. Maybe measure some possible mounting points and head to Home Depot

Nothing required. Stuff will hit the axle or bumper before it hits anything important or exposed. I've never seen anyone bother with added protection under there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom