Prospeed 100 series roof rack! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've received my rack recently but going through the hardware I was disappointed to find that I got black oxide hardware and not stainless hardware as you originally stated in your first post that the rack would come with. Also would've preferred the countersunk screw/washer combo for the crossbars shown in the photo below that you provided on the earlier racks you released. Did anyone else notice this with theirs? Was there an option for an upgrade that I missed?

IMG_1196.jpg

Prospeed 100 series roof rack for LC and LX!

Hi fellow mudders,

I've had my LX470 for a couple years and like all of you guys I was looking at roof racks for the 100 series. I couldn't find one that met all my needs. I decided why don't I build my own! I'm on instagram @prospeed and a few 100 series owners reached out to me and asked me to build a rack for them so here I am!The prospeed roof rack is what i feel is the ideal rack for my needs.

I've built over 15 racks and everyone so far has loved their prospeed roof rack!

The prospeed roof rack

- Light weight (50 lbs total... 6061 aluminum side rails and crossbars and steel brackets all powdercoated black)

- low profile (less than 2"s above the highest part of the roof) fits in most garages (lowest profile rack on the market for the 100 series)

- strong and able to handle RTT, gear, and 2 adults on top (500lbs+ weight capacity) ( t-slot extrustions for strength and adjustment)

- looks good and functional ( the wind deflector and angle keeps wind noise at bay super quiet and usable sun roof)

- wide range of adjustability and functionality (awnings, solar, and more can be mounted to our rack)

- high quality hardware is used throughout the roof rack kit. Black stainless bolts,lock washers,flat washers and nuts and oem flanged bolts for the roof)

- Complete bolt on roof rack with no modifications.

I will be offering a special intro mud deal for the first 10 customers! If you're interested please message me or DM me on Instagram.

Price:
retail price is $895 for the complete rack

What's included:
2 side rails, 1 wind deflector, 8 cross bars and all hardware to install on your 100 series.

2 wind deflector version, standard and led light bar cutout version... same price for both.

Ih8mud group buy price will be $825 plus shipping. Shipping will range from $100 to $160 depending on location.

Whats included

Availability:
Once the 10 orders have been filled it will take 3-4 weeks to build and ship.

Ill be posting pictures up soon. Thank again guys for all your support!

Brian

View attachment 2060520

View attachment 2060522

View attachment 2060523

View attachment 2060526

View attachment 2060527
Led light bar version

I've received my rack recently but going through the hardware I was disappointed to find that I got black oxide hardware and not stainless hardware as you originally stated in your first post that the rack would come with. Also would've preferred the countersunk screw/washer combo for the crossbars shown in the photo below that you provided on the earlier racks you released. Did anyone else notice this with theirs? Was there an option for an upgrade that I missed?

View attachment 2186500

the countersunk security bolts and aluminum washers were never sold with the roof rack what is pictured is my own personal hardware The ones offered in the kit is 100% stainless black oxide. It’s more expensive than the standard steel black oxide. I can get you the countersunk security /aluminum washers but it is extra and not sure how much demand there is for it.

the countersunk security bolts and aluminum washers were never sold with the roof rack what is pictured is my own personal hardware The ones offered in the kit is 100% stainless black oxide. It’s more expensive than the standard steel black oxide. I can get you the countersunk security /aluminum washers but it is extra and not sure how much demand there is for it.

2DCA9CD1-E584-4B1E-8362-AAFEAA73412D.png

Here you can see we offer this version of the black oxide stainless steel. It’s the best of both worlds... black stealth look with the corrosion resistance of stainless steel 👍🏼

When do you anticipate having the light bar bracket ready for us to mount in the rack?

Ill have it in 2 weeks... blacking with either doing it in aluminum... which is pictures or steel... but I think the thick aluminum will be strong enough, lightweight and corrosion resistant!

Thanks, I appreciate the clarification on this! Those countersunk bolts and alum washers really add a nice subtle but noticeable detail to the rack. You might consider adding a disclaimer that it doesn't come with those and offer them as an option.

View attachment 2186687
Here you can see we offer this version of the black oxide stainless steel. It’s the best of both worlds... black stealth look with the corrosion resistance of stainless steel 👍🏼

View attachment 2186500

also he
Thanks, I appreciate the clarification on this! Those countersunk bolts and alum washers really add a nice subtle but noticeable detail to the rack. You might consider adding a disclaimer that it doesn't come with those and offer them as an option.

No worries, I think I will offer it as an upgrade since you guys like them :) that’s why I have it on mine.

8 confirmed so far guys! 4 more orders is all we need to hit 12. Spread the word and thanks for all the support guys!

Not sure anyone posted pictures of a Prospeed Rack with an ARB Awning yet.

The more I use the Prospeed Rack the more love it.

Now back to hassling Prospeed to finish up the LED light bar bracket so I can mount that next :)

20200202_105011.jpg

Great rack. Still available at $895 for first option and no lightbar cutout? Plus $hipping. New to the thread. Just purchased my first 100 series LC. Thanks

UPDATE!!! Group buy Round 5! I am starting another run. If you want in please DM or email me at prospeedrack@gmail.com GB will close Friday at midnight. Price is $825. 📸 @overland_adventurebuilds just added this nice RTT on top of his #prospeedrack and it looks like a perfect fit! 👍🏼
6FAF96E8-A4DA-4B8F-B5BF-862D74E3EBB4.jpeg

Working on my install, should the fairing be in front of the moon roof? Mine fits above the front edge of it, and the fairing seems to be tight against the roof. I put some slim door edge guard on the bottom edge but that would not be more than a MM or 2. I did not receive the light bar brackets. how can I get those?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom