Prospeed 100 series roof rack! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ended up having to put a 2mm washer on the front feet as the crossbar that the fairing mounts to would occasionally tap on the sun roof at highway speeds.

Prospeed 5.jpg

getting stuff mounted.

Prospeed 9.jpg

Need to source some butterfly or plastic knob type screws for the traction boards.

Prospeed 8.jpg

Does anyone have a photo looking up through the open sunroof they could share?

Some of these photos make it look like the wind deflector is right at or behind the leading edge of the glass which I don’t think is aesthetically pleasing. Ideally in my book the wind deflector would be a few inches in front of the sunroof and the first crossbar not visible through it. Not as far forward at Dissent’s, that’s just a little too mad max for my tastes.

Thanks.

Does anyone have a photo looking up through the open sunroof they could share?

Some of these photos make it look like the wind deflector is right at or behind the leading edge of the glass which I don’t think is aesthetically pleasing. Ideally in my book the wind deflector would be a few inches in front of the sunroof and the first crossbar not visible through it. Not as far forward at Dissent’s, that’s just a little too mad max for my tastes.

Thanks.

This is straight up, I did leave one crossbar off so you can still see up. to answer your question it is right at the front edge of the sunroof. My sunroof is busted so meh.

sun roof.jpg

Question... What do you recommend to seal the mounting bolts?

Mine is leaking and want to do all of them at once.

Question... What do you recommend to seal the mounting bolts?

Mine is leaking and want to do all of them at once.
I used black RTV silicone and it seems to be working, that being said I live in the high dessert and keep my rig in the garage.

Anytime, I have multiple rigs of different age and different racks. Make sure the mounting holes are clean before applying.
Very true! It’s all apart anyways!

clear rtv silicone works great... the clear color makes it a tad easier to see the bolt holes and mine have held up for years

Anytime, I have multiple rigs of different age and different racks. Make sure the mounting holes are clean before applying.
Cool. I plan to remove the rack and get everything cleaned up. Thanks for the advice.

What tie down rings are people using? The Prinsu ones should fit, but prefer the folding down type. Was going to try something off Amazon, but would like to hear if anyone has a preference.

What tie down rings are people using? The Prinsu ones should fit, but prefer the folding down type. Was going to try something off Amazon, but would like to hear if anyone has a preference.
This work and fold down so you don’t see the rings all the time.

Seven Sparta Tie Down Anchors for Truck, Trailer, Warehouse, Boat, 10 Pack of Heavy Duty Steel V Ring Bolts, Tie Down Rings(Black) https://a.co/d/9vF5M90

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom