proper shocks pin angle (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hi to all....

i am still rebuilding both axel for my 78 frame up resto.....progress is slow but sure...

here is a question concerning the front axel. what is the proper angle for the shocks pin mount? mine where shot, as was there support on the front axel.....so new pin and mounts whare fab up. but now the concern is how to mount them since i have no reference. the mounts where bent out like the pisa tower and the pin where crooked like a banana!

here is a drawing of the front axel.
shockspinangle.jpg

is the shocks pin suppose to be horizontal ? or
is the shocks pin suppose the follow ( be in line ) with the 3rd member line?

thansk to all

yves

Yves, I would think you want the pin parallel to the upper one, to avoid binding in the bushing. If that is the case, put it on top of the housing, no angled.

Ed

neither...lol

They should be orientated so the shock bushing doesn't bind at ride height...neutral. Depending on your upper shock mount orientation, that could be either of those, or in the middle....

weld them on, test fit the shock, and a big 'ol combo wrench will tweak them a little to line them up.

If you are running stock mounts in a stock location, and haven't relocated the axle forward/backward, then the best guess is parallel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom