proper lights? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
As the PO or his mechanic seems to have mixed and matched the 12V bulbs on my 60 I am left in a quandry. The local parts stores catalog doesn't list th front grill parking lights correct bulb.

My guess is they should be orange tinted as they are behind white lenses.

What is the correct bulb for the front gril parking lights, just below the turn signals?

I'd go LED (and have). I believe the front corner parking lights are white with white lenses. IIRC (been a while) they are just 1156 bulbs. You can get blue if you like...

I went with some nice bright(er) LED's and they've been working great for 3-4 years.

GL!

84 FJ60

My 84' model had a smaller bulb than an 1156. Are you sure the marker light directly under the turn signal in front is an 1156? Mine looks more like a 698 size bulb.

To expand a bit and quote myself (cheesy i know)... from my LED thread:
Are you using the 5W units for your license plate lights?
These ones:
1156-x15_mm.jpg

I HATE HATE HATE having to change those bulbs out, and the lens gaskets can't be gotten new (already contacted Cdan about that one), so LEDs in there is a great idea.

I ordered new so got the gaskets. I used amber WLEDx5 in the front side markers: (220* beam)
wled-x5.jpg

I put the red WLEDx6 (35* beam) into the rear side markers:
wled-x6.jpg

(EDIT - For both front and rear i'd probably use the new version maybe instead?):

wled-whp6.jpg
(EDIT - brighter, colors available (amber for fronts, red for rears), etc.)

for the front corner marker lights and license plate light i used 67-x15 LED :
6x-9.jpg

they did not have the WLEDxHP when i did my side markers, so i might use those in both amber front and red rear if i were to do it today. slightly more beam pattern for rear, but less for front...

Hope that helps. I will get the red gel installed soon i promise and post up some pics. I'm also thinking of getting some video to clearly show the brightness of the dash and i will get that posted when i figure out best way to post to web and link here.

GL!

rob

My 84' model had a smaller bulb than an 1156. Are you sure the marker light directly under the turn signal in front is an 1156? Mine looks more like a 698 size bulb.

true - it has the 1156 (single contact) base, with a smaller bulb.

I would not use a full size incandescent 1156 bulb in that small of a housing, but a LED runs cooler, less voltage etc. so the base is all that really matters (besides brightness and beam pattern).

HTH!

Thanks

Great write up on LED conversion.

Thanks

Glad to help. LEDs are a bit of a geek thing for me... Headlamps, flashlights, dash, markers, etc etc etc...

If you get LEDs for your front market lights - post up pics in the LED thread to show how they look. Looking through it, i don't see any for the front marker lights.

GL!

(2000th post! woohoo!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom