1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

propane

Discussion in '60-Series Wagons' started by mbsilvia, Aug 26, 2006.

1. mbsilvia

mbsilvia

Has anyone here tried converting to propane? I am starting to a little more research because I hear that it has higher octane levels than pump gas, therefore allowing a more lean air fuel ratio. Lean ratio means less fuel per firing equaling better mileage. I have not done much pricing on propane, but I figure i'll poke around the subject hoping somebody can correct me or agree with me. I'm looking for facts, not opinions, but if you have to, I guess everyone is entitled to them:cheers:

2. Mace

Mace rock scientist.. Staff Member s-Moderator

depending on the cost per gallon of propane where you live, it will ne be a "better" way to reduce fuel prices.

3. gunfxr

gunfxr

Propane is less energetic than Gas (less energy per unit) and it burns hotter too. so your looking at a loss of 5 to 20% power and depending on your Location you'll need to get the system recert every 5 years, you can't use a car wash or park in an underground lot, on the plus side you'll have very clean emmisons so you can ditch the EMC stuff and in most locals propane is cheaper. one last ditractor when you run out of fuel your stuck you need a tow truck to the nearest staton because you cant carry a jerry of propane.

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">