Propane Stove Near Fuel Filler Neck?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dissent

Questioning my life choices...
Threads
I've seen quite a few folks operating a propane stove either on a slide out drawer, on their swinger or on a table near the fuel filler door and it always gives me the heebie jeebies. I know this is a common practice, but is it a safe and recommended practice? I'm looking at building out something which may put it in this proximity but am a bit freaked out by it. My ex-firefighter side is strongly shaking it's head at me.

The fuel filler is not a vent, that is what the charcoal canister is for. How close are you talking? If the system remains sealed (you don't try adding gas while the burners are on) I don't see much of an issue.

Seeing as you are from AZ, you probably don't have a rusty filler neck. Mine was pretty moth eaten though from rust before I patched it up with some JB Weld. I have a whole new tank, neck and skid plate waiting to go in, but I would have never used a stove or any flame source anywhere near the rear of my rig before I patched the filler neck up.

Not a problem..... wait until you need to cut your main fill pipe connected with a sawzall (as many have done) for sub tank install. :eek:

Im big with safety so when I cut open my aux fuel tank I tested it to make sure it was safe ;)and I recommend you do the same if in doubt.

img_7327-jpg.943075

And Im here to tell the story!:flipoff2:

img_7328-jpg.943077

Not a problem..... wait until you need to cut your main fill pipe connected with a sawzall (as many have done) for sub tank install. :eek:

Im big with safety so when I cut open my aux fuel tank I tested it to make sure it was safe ;)and I recommend you do the same if in doubt.

img_7327-jpg.943075

img_7328-jpg.943077

Heard just before these pictures:

"Hold muh beer an' watch this!"

img_7327-jpg.943075

img_7328-jpg.943077

I can't find an OMG!!! Emoji. How long was that stick? LOL

Good point about the sealed system, I did replace the charcoal canister but did have a single high-pressure-bleed-off-out-the-fuel-cap incident in the past year. That was a regular occurrence before replacing the canister.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom