Project Wrong Way Idiot (me) Doing the FJ40 Rear Disc Swap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey @BenjaminCA just watched the latest episode.

I was watching you ride the struggle bus with the lower caliper bolts and wondered why you don’t swap the caliper brackets side to side to raise the calipers above the leaf springs.

He was focused on offering marital advice.

Next episode, and I reveal the parts I bought. Also a brief PSA about some stolen cruisers in the beginning. Fire away with the advice, I legitimately have zero skill in this area...

Hey @BenjaminCA just watched the latest episode.

I was watching you ride the struggle bus with the lower caliper bolts and wondered why you don’t swap the caliper brackets side to side to raise the calipers above the leaf springs.

is there a picture you can illustrate what you mean, because at this rate I’m only putting one set of pads on these and never changing them.

is there a picture you can illustrate what you mean, because at this rate I’m only putting one set of pads on these and never changing them.

Yah I think you want the calipers up higher. This will make them easier to bleed, and avoid the bolt conflict with the spring. You should be able to swap the brackets left-to-right and it will flip them up higher.

1587170441677.jpeg

see here...

027C815A-BC9F-44D2-8FC0-4A71AF9F885D.jpeg

Last edited:
@BenjaminCA just watched the latest episode while “working”... loved it! I would be in for buying a sticker if you made them to put on my toolbox in my 40.

Im working on a sticker idea, I’ll keep you posted!

Well, it took doing it wrong to figure out what’s right. Appreciate the feedback, and from what I understand, I think I finally for the rear brakes squared away. Have a watch, share and subscribe if you feel like it.

For all the trouble you've had with it, it will still be worth it. My FJ40 almost got rear ended by my buddies camaro a few years ago because my 4 wheel disks on 35s can outstop his new car. Also being able to stop straight and not change lanes when hitting the brakes is pretty awesome.

Well, it took doing it wrong to figure out what’s right. Appreciate the feedback, and from what I understand, I think I finally for the rear brakes squared away. Have a watch, share and subscribe if you feel like it.

Love your videos, man. Also been through some of your pain, but it was a long time ago.

Rachel is a trooper for putting up with this, she's awesome. Definitely in for stickers and t-shirts!

Finally an alternative to get a bigger hammer. Cool

Larry in El Paso

Love your videos, man. Also been through some of your pain, but it was a long time ago.

Rachel is a trooper for putting up with this, she's awesome. Definitely in for stickers and t-shirts!
Haha I love it. You're almost done with the rear end ;). I think your wife will appreciate moving onto a different project after this haha. Still loving the show and looking forward to you getting this thing going while I learn from you making the mistakes first.

Thanks for the shout out for 89nOlder yo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom