Project Wrong Way FJ60 Post project picture dump (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

frismanis

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.shayahealth.com
Ben Draper aka Project Wrong Way (@1projectwrongway on instagram) flew in to pick up an '84 FJ60 that hadn't been registered (or driven) since 2003. A small gathering took place to sort it out and get it ready for the 2000 mile drive back to his home in California. @orangefj45 flew in to help, so there was no doubt the truck would be ready for the drive. I only know Instagram names, so I apologize in advance if you helped and I don't include your mud name.

Heather (Madame President) drove to San Antonio and hauled it back to Houston earlier in the week, and then spent Thursday & Friday cleaning the inside and out. It had an aftermarket sunroof put in at some point which leaked and allowed all sorts of fauna to grow in the back seat.

I got to the wrenching party Saturday afternoon since I had some work to do on my '76 FJ40 to get it ready for the LandCruiser Round Up. By the time I arrived they already had the lion's share of the work completed (freshly rebuilt @Marlin Crawler carb, distributor/cap/rotor replaced, front wheel bearings/brakes, replace gas tank/sending unit, and a bunch of other work that I wasn't there for, so don't know the full list), so about all that was left for me to do was put on the wheels, drink beer, and eat a great steak meal that Georg cooked up. "We" did manage to get it started Saturday.

Ben helping out Saturday evening:

6D7DBB99-F822-4558-9754-AE9DAFA4E689_1_105_c.jpeg

1612799563638.jpeg

Last edited:
Like a first responders/triage team! That's awesome!

How will the FJ60 do in the numerous 80MPH zones of the drive west? Don't know those trucks, just always believed one of the major benefits of the FJ62 is higher gearing for the interstate.

He's taking the long way home... driving up through Dallas to visit his sister and then taking I-40 across, so he should avoid the long I-10 80mph zones. I'm sure he will take it slow and steady.

This looks like a neat project and adventure.

I thought my son and I were being adventurous last summer, when we chose to drive our 99 LX470 to Silverton and back, after only ~6 months of ownership and rehab.

Like a first responders/triage team! That's awesome!

How will the FJ60 do in the numerous 80MPH zones of the drive west? Don't know those trucks, just always believed one of the major benefits of the FJ62 is higher gearing for the interstate.
The 60s have 3.70 diffs from the factory with a 4-speed manual trans. The 62s have 4.11 gears with an OD automatic.
Apples and oranges.

Super fun weekend, we got a lot done and the wagon is doing good so far, after a slight overheating issue ( due to an air pocket ) which seems to have been resolved.

Great meeting a bunch of new faces in the cruiser family!!!!

Georg @ Valley Hybrids

That truck came from San Antonio??? How did I not see this :). Just kidding. Glad Ben is getting into a 60 series. Hope he brings it to the SAS in August.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom