Builds Project Torn8-O. Combining two vehicles to make one, always the hard way.. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

torfab

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.torfab.com
I've been trying to sell this yukon denali for months with zero success. It was a tow vehicle until I replaced it with a 100 series and got a pickup. No buyers! So I'm gonna tear it apart for a heart transplant. Consider the Yukon as a young man dying from a brain injury, but his heart and legs are still in great shape.

So here goes, a 6.2 V8 and 6L80e trans will be dropped into this old Lexus with 300k miles and a blown headgasket. It's a match made in heaven, no? Tonight I will roll in the Yukon Whale and start extracting his freaky huge Michael Phelps heart and muscle to be carefully placed in transition while we make sure it's all sealed up and ready for more action.

IMG_6203.jpg

IMG_6204.jpg

IMG_6205.jpg

IMG_6206.jpg

it will be a nice upgrade... as long as your foot is light on the skinny pedel.

Oh boy. This is gonna be fun. Really fun. :grinpimp:

subscribed :popcorn:

Well I made some progress on Saturday. The engine was re-sealed and I installed the exhaust manifolds and trans with marks 4wd adapter. I also decided to sand blast the valve covers and coat them in clearcoat, clean the inside and outside of the oil pan, install our special temp sensor that threads in m12x1.5, and start with some wiring.

IMG_6229.jpg

IMG_6230.jpg

IMG_6231.jpg

IMG_6232.jpg

IMG_6236.jpg

I had a busy weekend, working on the cruiser :beer:

She's all together now, all I have to do is exhaust. For the moment I'm considering how much lift and tire to put in this truck. Yukon to Cruiser gears and tire size calculations puts me at 40" tires if I try to keep things as stock for the engine/trans as possible. The biggest I would consider is a 37" tire, with Slee control arms and RADFLO shocks. What do you guys think?

IMG_6348.jpg

IMG_6379.jpg

IMG_6394.jpg

37s look perfect on a 80

Jeebus, only 15 posts and the V8 is in there? :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom