Builds Project Snowball ❄️ 85 FJ60 Cummins 4BT/ HX-30 SUPER/ NV4500/ SOA (11 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My 6BT FJ60 is SOA with 2 extra leaf springs in front and one in back. The ride is choppier than stock but not obnoxious to me. As Phoenician said it depends on your tolerance but no FJ60 compares to new luxury SUV's but they don't interest me.

My 60 went from stock to SOA, 6BT, & D rated BFG MT's so the ride is different but definitely worth it.

Had some spare time at work and started the sand blasting process. Can't wait to start posting the FJ60 portion of job but really need to sell my 2F motor.

IMG_7925.JPG

Busy day yesterday collecting more funds for swap. Took in 2 loads of pipe totaling almost 15,000 lbs. Hauled the cruiser into work this afternoon. Got it into shop bay ready for disassemble. Just got bill of sale from 2F motor buyer and 1/2 down payment. Should be starting on 2F motor and transmission removal after work this week. Transmission buyer should be down from Seattle this weekend to get transmission. 4BT has been above heater all weekend getting dry and prepaired for paint. Pictures on the cruiser build should be coming soon.

IMG_7927.JPG

IMG_7928.JPG

IMG_7931.JPG

IMG_7932.JPG

IMG_7934.JPG

Just what do you do for work? I used to work out of a service truck once upon a sand mine...

Just what do you do for work? I used to work out of a service truck once upon a sand mine...
I work in the groundwater industry. We work on domestic, agricultural, and industrial water wells. It's my family's business. I've been pulling water well pumps since I could walk.

Cool, i know nothing about drilling wells. Must be nice/aggravating working in the family eh? My dad and I were maintenance at that sand mine and well... We sometimes had differing ideas of how stuff should go.

Cool, i know nothing about drilling wells. Must be nice/aggravating working in the family eh? My dad and I were maintenance at that sand mine and well... We sometimes had differing ideas of how stuff should go.
My dad and I get along great. We think alike and he is my best friend as well.

The framer who owned the stepvan prolly didn't change the oil too frequently. Driving the stepvan we checked out sound of motor and watched tailpipe emissions both at idle and freeway speed for areas of concern. Motor ran smooth and no black, blue or white smoke. I'm sure I'll be taking great care of the motor now. I found a picture of another dodge rocker assembly.

IMG_7937.PNG

Last edited:
Motor is getting painted, sandblast and paint and clean turbo. The killer dowl pin looks as though Cummins just hammered a punch to crush the hole. Thinking I should purchase the killer dowl pin fix.

IMG_7940.JPG

IMG_7946.JPG

IMG_7947.JPG

Mine was crushed too, I just added a bit of sealer to it. No issues going on 7 years.
Should I pay $15 for the fix? No rush and thought that I should do it right. What sealer did you use?

Can't remember what sealer, but peace of mind is worth way more than$15. I imagine any sealer that won't dissolve with heat and oil should do it.

Can't remember what sealer, but peace of mind is worth way more than$15. I imagine any sealer that won't dissolve with heat and oil should do it.
I'm going to buy the plate and bolt fix. Cummins just used a punch to crush the aluminum to prevent blackout but fix seems best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom