Builds Project Snowball ❄️ 85 FJ60 Cummins 4BT/ HX-30 SUPER/ NV4500/ SOA (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hows the SPOA coming?

clint
Hey buddy
@boots4 is coming over to help me rebuild my gearbox and tap for hydro assist the following weekend and plan the SOA. Everything has arrived except the Trail Gear Hydro Assist Kit. Been busy cutting firewood and preparing for winter so I should be starting on the build end of September. Thanks for hitting me up. Your more than welcome to join in the fun.

PM me times and dates. I always enjoy working with Mike. Worst case scenario I can at least come by to drink your beer.

clint

PM me times and dates. I always enjoy working with Mike. Worst case scenario I can at least come by to drink your beer.

clint

Feeling is mutual. I was going to hit you up after I go over a plan with Jason and then post up a local build party to see if anyone wanted to help out. I was going to hit you up to come to that if it worked out.

Feeling is mutual. I was going to hit you up after I go over a plan with Jason and then post up a local build party to see if anyone wanted to help out. I was going to hit you up to come to that if it worked out.
Build party

Trail Gear Hydro Assist Kit showed up

CB6767CA-F891-4491-AD7D-324DDCA7A7F6.jpeg

BF46EED4-C72E-4D9E-8DA3-A8E81DD4BEA7.png
This looks to be a great upgrade to the instrument panel. Speedhut Gauges upgrade the look, are compact and can combine more gauges into one location making room to add some extras.

Sounds like a plan Mike. Just please give me multiple dates that may work so I can plan accordingly!

Clint
Mike and I will be working on my PS box this Saturday and come up with a plan. Thanks Clint

You’re in good hands with his help. @boots4 is a truck magician.

When we took a break to chat and eat yesterday I asked if he’d seen the movie Man from Snowy River. In the movie there is a famous Australian horseman named Clancy and all the fellas at the ranch are talking about how good he is. One arrogant ranch hand is questioning how good he is when the head tracker speaks up and says “ Clancy’s not just a horseman but he’s a magician.”
Same idea about Mike. Very mathotical and knowledgeable. Really great to work along side.

@boerboel313
It’s a full float rear axle and with disc brakes instead of drum that are stock on the 60. I’ve learned all this too.
The crossmember is the stock which was highly modified for structure and support. Motor is the Cummins 4BT diesel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom