Project Silver Bullet 1963 FJ45 (Australia) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

yea calm down cult its only a landrover haha.

thanks for the vids bumstein; glad you were part of the mission, was a lot of fun.

yea ozcruiser another extended chassis. i am more than happy with the chassis. sound front crossmember! yeehaa. that rare ive hardly ever seen one. i life of overheating and old leaky radiators i think. a bit swelled at the plate over the extension as usual and has had a crack roughly patched at the very rear left. very good all in all.

3 - FJ45 - 13384

022.JPG

cab reasonably rusty around the floor. and painted with a brush; but herein lies another story

apparently when this tojo was new it went to the big smoke to bring back a new piano for the lady of the house. unfortunately when halfway the rope broke or though some other misadventure the piano was left for firewood beside the road. rather than face the wrath of said lady the farmer took the logical position of returning immediately to perth and buying another piano. unfortunately on this return he had a fire and burnt the piano and tray off his landcruiser.

so anyways this cruiser has been burnt from the cab back. (then painted silver with a brush!) you can sorta see the surface rust coming through on the rear cab from tray height up

002.JPG

but the cab has been hot. check out the melted passenger door striker, melted handbrake cable and steering column mount!

009.JPG 011.JPG 013.JPG

but anyways its a funny story.

no original cab fittings survived really. no dash knobs or wiring. was painted and rewired super roughly; there are a pair of toggle switches that operate the ignition and crank. no fuse provision at all. some of the old harness from against the cowl.

012.JPG

the back windows were kicked out, funky steer wheel installed, 65 era seats and windscreen surround fitted and i kinda doubt she ever achieved "pride of the fleet" status again. not till last tuesday at least

Yeah haha sorry about that west and the others, a bit of a thread hijack. It's just that my old man has been looking for one to putt around in for a while now and he'd really appreciate the old girl.

Love the vid! Especially the perfectly timed crow. How many takes did you need to get the bugger to crow on cue? ;)

Funny yarn too about the piana. Both piana's really. Tell you what, I'm surprised there's not more damage to the cab given the strikers were melted. So now you've got a running and braking column shifter. You going to keep going on this one or you going to head back to patina or the FST?

We have here a 63 45 in all her glory, even giving a suggestive come restore me look and you fellas are fantasising of a land rover.
Maybe a series 11a manual hiding in your closet ah cult?? Whats the place coming to

I said I was sorry! :grinpimp:

plans for it?? this resto is nearly over haha. i must get the fst project shorty back together before i get too excited with this one. making some plans though.

it doesnt have a scrap of brakes. most of the wheel cylinders were pulled apart and laying scattered through the cab. po has since found some wheel cly kits he bought for this and is posting them to me. once again shorty brakes first.

next is get it on the "hoist" and finish cleaning out the chassis rails; this only half done. prob pull the trans hump (couple po broken studs to deal with here) and clean the box also. oil change and grease front to back. repack wheel bearings and axles. keen to lube and preserve the old freewheel hubs. just want to see whats in there; ive only ever delt with aisin hubs. bolt all the tinware back together. pretty much all the studs are snapped of in the original roof; prob drill these out and use bolts and nuts here.

parts wreck number 1 just keeps giving

012.JPG

this has the missing rear slider windows. it has a wiring harness that is a little hacked here and there but worth a go i reckon. would be good practice for me anyway. also has the correct plates for the windscreen surround instead of the later hinges. would like to put the 65 surround that came with it back on so it looks more correct; just doesnt have glass. if i get temped to break budget it will prob be on front glass.

and this nice wreck i have some plans for and i dont really want to part out the cab. but the silver bullet may be able to borrow these seats for now. give me a chance to do max preservation on this cab.

041.JPG

You know an early 45 column-shift would make a good parts getter for the FST..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom