Builds Project Rehab (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Should be taking her home tomorrow.
20220919_100630.jpg
20220919_100621.jpg

Well, I lied! They were done today 😁🙃🤸🏽‍♂️

Rushed over there with a buddy straight after work. I didn't bring tie downs, nor a tire for the motor to sit on 🤦🏽‍♂️. But they shop knows me so the let me borrow everything needed.

Took it to where all the LC magic ✨ happens (@fourtrax's house), but we could only find metric bolts from mainly working on Toyotas lol (I also stopped by Lowe's to pickup bolts and got the wrong size 😅). I'll put it on a stand hopefully this week before going to Logan's Run.

20220919_183112.jpg

My new adapter from Mark's took a little longer than usual to get here. It was stuck in Australia for a few days, then when it got here, they only sent me an end of the day delivery (Maker's 4WD makes you sign for the package). My wife waited for it all day and around 6pm, I Google "when does DHL stop delivering". It's say 6pm. So I was on the phone at 8pm buying airline tickets, then get a text saying I missed thier delivery at 8:15pm 🤔 (my doorbell is a little quiet and I didn't hear it). This was Friday and DHL doesn't deliver on Weekends. So this morning I put a note on the door.

20220919_154020.jpg

5:30 today it was delivered 🙂.

20220919_205027.jpg

Making awesome progress --through bumps of adversity. Keep it up!

Gm's are metric, lol

This thread died for a minute due to out of state training I had. But December, we should be getting hot.

The fam leave back to Japan so I'll be home alone. They are staying there until I retire so I'm selling everything and living in a shack with a burn barrel and hiring homeless people as a security system.

But seriously, the second weekend of December we are hopefully chopping the LC. If that's going smoothly I'll start prepping the engine/transmission to be pulled out. From 15 Dec till the beginning of the year I'll be off and hope to get a lot done.

January I start train up for deployment in March so things will slow down again.

Picked up these (well @roadstr6 picked them up for me) 37" Trepadors about a month ago.
20221120_142827_HDR.jpg

Quick look into the future. Bought the Radius LS Airbox and 4" snorkel from Australia. Took a little while to get it because they are made to order and they didn't like the results of the powder coating the first time the snorkel was painted (I really appreciate their attention to detail). The US/AUS exchange rate is really good, so I'm happy with this buy. Additional the box was delivered beat to s*** because us new Americans have no pride in our job, work, performance, selves (completely different topic 🤦🏽‍♂️), but the Aussies packaged it up really well and there was no damage to the product.

I purchased the snorkel and airbox and it came with an air filter, a t-shirt, and candy 🍬 😁

20221203_220800.jpg

20221203_220920.jpg

Last edited:
Nice dude! How long did it take in total vs how long should it have taken?
Took a little over a month (ordered right before I went TDY). Came about two weeks after expected, which was good because i traveled to see family for Thanksgiving.

Bro, that’s fast. I expected so much longer
Naw. They are on it. Even my t-case adapter from Mark's came fast as hell. s***. I returned it cuz I ordered the wrong one, they exchanged it, and that was about 3 weeks combined.

Quick look into the future. Bought the Radius LS Airbox and 4" snorkel from Australia. Took a little while to get it because they are made to order and they didn't like the results of the powder coating the first time the snorkel was painted (I really appreciate their attention to detail). The US/AUS exchange rate is really good, so I'm happy with this buy. Additional the box was delivered beat to s*** because us new Americans have no pride in our job, work, performance, selves (completely different topic 🤦🏽‍♂️), but the Aussies packaged it up really well and there was no damage to the product.

I purchased the snorkel and airbox and it came with an air filter, a t-shirt, and candy 🍬 😁

View attachment 3184795
View attachment 3184794
huh, weird, wonder what that is going into 🤔 🤔 🤔

Busy weekend. Sent the family off to Japan on Saturday, sold the wife's car today, and started getting rid of the stock pile of LS parts that were stacking up.
20221204_103359_HDR.jpg

20221204_125149_HDR.jpg

20221204_125144.jpg

20221204_125201.jpg

Next weekend we are having a HAMOM to chop the LC and pull the engine and transmission. I have to knock out as much as possible during December because I have a week on Army training in January and the whole month of February I'll be gone for more training and deploying back to Africa in March.

If I can get the LS in the LC and started before January, I'll call that a success.

wish I was closer and could lend a hand.... keep posting pictures up of progress!!!!

Busy weekend. Sent the family off to Japan on Saturday, sold the wife's car today, and started getting rid of the stock pile of LS parts that were stacking up.
View attachment 3185464
View attachment 3185466
View attachment 3185465
View attachment 3185467

Next weekend we are having a HAMOM to chop the LC and pull the engine and transmission. I have to knock out as much as possible during December because I have a week on Army training in January and the whole month of February I'll be gone for more training and deploying back to Africa in March.

If I can get the LS in the LC and started before January, I'll call that a success.
Japan is going to freak when they inspect your vehicle upon entry. Looking awesome bro.

Japan is going to freak when they inspect your vehicle upon entry. Looking awesome bro.
Yeah. Imma assume someone has done an LS swap of some sort there. It'll ship to mainland first, get inspected, then head to Okinawa. My wife tells me her cousin owns dealership in Okinawa so I'm assuming it'll ship to him and I'll get it there.

There are still a lot of unknowns. Who knows 🤷🏽‍♂️ might have to sell them both prior to leaving 😭

Any reason you went with the long over the short? There is an outfit that stocks these in the US, not sure of the finish tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom