1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

project management software?

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by bderks, Aug 29, 2006.

1. bderks

bderks

Anyone have a recommendation for good project management software? I work for a small web development firm (4 people), and with over 20 projects going at once, I'm starting to lose track of everything.

What I need is something where I can add client and project information, store/organize documents, set tasks, make notes, track issues and changes, etc. A calendar with alarms and the ability to interact with Outlook would be helpful as well. And hopefully nothing too expensive.

I'm using ACT right now, which sucks ass.

2. Land Speeder

Land Speeder InstaH8R

Media:
    Albums:
  3. NorCalDoug

NorCalDoug problems solved daily...

MS Project...

...but you have to use it. it's just a tool to organize your projects and project related tasks. What I see too often is that people spend hours setting up projects, then never doing anything with the schedules.

4. Land Speeder

Land Speeder InstaH8R

Media:
    Albums:

That what I see my users doing. I install it, show them what's up with it, come back 2 months later and it hasn't been opened since

5. NorCalDoug

NorCalDoug problems solved daily...

when people ask me what I do, I tell them that I'm a professional nag...

what my typical day is like:

if someone doesn't do this, the s*** will never get done on time...

6. srplus

srplus Walked with the Dinosaurs

ACT! instead of Outlook was most excellent for all of the purposes you are talking about in addition to being able to outlook Outlook. I used to use it for all of my contact information and jobs that I was working on... WAY BACK in the old days it had a function to track all contact with projects or contacts...

Although this is not a 'project manager' software you will see the features and the programs that it can interface with easily work out better than most packaged PM software.

Check it out at - http://www.cornerstonesolutions.com/act2005.html

It was originally designed for business and is a great program.

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">