Builds 1964 FJ45 Short Bed Fixed Top Pickup Restoration (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not that Wilson, the Wilson you never see his face Wilson from Home Improvement

D9730CD2-417F-45AF-959A-6DF2BC0E5AB5.jpeg

Yes but they don’t shield the firewall they shield the fender in an OEM application where there are heat sensitive items.

They find do anything facing the 40 series firewall.

I’m also wanting to Cover up all of the black plugs and randomness from years I’ll of drilling

Hello,

It makes sense.

Drilling holes in the firewall or elsewhere is too strong a temptation to resist for many owners.

For what it is worth, FZJ7x trucks have both exhaust manifold plates and heat insulation in the firewall.

Juan

Yanked the hump and fuel tank out today because we got a lot of noise and a leak somewhere.

B245DF13-1F44-4B4A-9E3E-0E5974C7CBAC.jpeg

I discovered this stuff that Can Am uses on the bottom of the bed of my UTV and found it’s designed for the elements unlike most stick on heat stuff. It also does not roll and mold like noico or dynamat so you have to piece it together on odd shaped stuff

C7250CC2-6FA3-48F9-9298-D3685558A8C1.jpeg

595AC5EA-6409-4284-AE44-B8DAA687D56E.jpeg

I added a SOR gasket. I love these things and then added the extra to the bottom of the tank to give it some extra cushion between it and the tub

D852E662-E7D5-49B9-B93D-62DC797B81FD.jpeg
771E48DF-A0C4-4623-B494-36FD59681A71.jpeg

Do you have a pic or two of how the TC high/N/low lever mounts to the side of the tranny? My junior high shop class mount broke on my ‘65 so need to come up with a non-broken solution.

Do you have a pic or two of how the TC high/N/low lever mounts to the side of the tranny? My junior high shop class mount broke on my ‘65 so need to come up with a non-broken solution.

This transfer is nothing like the one you have. It’s a 4 speed and split case from an FJ60

I have gotten a few messages about this so I just want to clear the air. I think I have made it clear that the truck will not be coming back to Florida - I simply do not have the space with the other trucks in my possession. A couple of people have inquired about when I would be posting a "for sale ad." That will not happen. I am currently working on the BAT listing and @wngrog will take the photos once the paint is dry. The truck can be bought now - in progress - or wait until the BAT auction. Happy to discuss more with interested parties. There is a selfish part of me that just wants to auction it off. However, I can also appreciate that the next owner might want to make some choices in how the truck comes back together.

The in-tank pump was screaming when I picked the truck up and I was convinced the tank needed to be moved out of the cab.

So I made a plan to put a fuel cell into the frame.

Man A Fre sells a totally pimp tank for a 40 and I talked to Rick and he thought it would work if I pulled the spare tire support out

EF25425B-A18C-44B0-8825-0638BD4FD7F2.jpeg

A9B092D4-4899-47D0-901A-879DD0B9D0C6.jpeg

514A1D0A-8F8F-43FE-8ECF-CEBB977D836B.jpeg

507DF076-D297-4E8F-9583-88201A692C50.jpeg

Turns out, once I pulled the tank out and lined the area between the tank and tub and added soft lines the noise went completely away.

So….if anyone wants a great deal on a Man A Fre tank, hit me up.

Sorry John.

Turns out, once I pulled the tank out and lined the area between the tank and tub and added soft lines the noise went completely away.

So….if anyone wants a great deal on a Man A Fre tank, hit me up.

Sorry John.
Im interested in the Man A Fre tank if its still available

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom