Builds 1964 FJ45 Short Bed Fixed Top Pickup Restoration (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Will soon be perfect for a Trans-Australian adventure.

E01F0D36-EC0C-4B0D-86C5-154C54C1E68C.jpeg

? Did you change the cowl mounted rear view mirror hinge pivot to utilize a rear ambulance door hinge part?

Fortunately, before we got in too deep, the rest of the message from the aliens finally downloaded. Now it all makes sense.

Luckily the RHD position was exactly where we needed to be.

89B9EC39-960A-4D74-A245-391CC0CD9D67.jpeg

We were on the right path with the hydroboost, but it just fits better if we run it remotely. More on that in a bit.

No way. Clutch fork in the glove box???

Clutch slave cylinder pushrod right into the booster would probably work better then a fork actually.

So the passenger has to operate the brake while you drive? It is a great idea. Only able to drive this vehicle with 2 people who are good at working together. Great solution for keeping a marriage together and making it stronger - especially if the wife is starting to feel left out with all the time and effort going into this (and other vehicles). Not sure if this was your intent but I like it. Very smart inclusive decision on a great build.:cool:

At least I think that is what the aliens were saying out in New Mexico, but I was trying to pick up the conversation from a thousand miles away with some home made antennas from old satelite dishes that I have been struggling to calibrate.

It is the carb head, though we could have used an EFI head as well. The power steering reservoir will have to be relocated. Probably the dipstick too.
That’s cool that either can be used. So I take it the displacement of both heads are similar enough that the same cams and valves can be used? This would be a cool engine swap.

I really like the 1FZ. It’s a good durable block with lots of potential.

Looks like you’ll have to double-up on the stereo/blue tooth deck head for left and right speakers.

You got that frivolous part right, going in deep!!! "Buy High Sell Low --- Make Friends on both ends!" :poof:

We actually began investigating remote mount systems early on, but weren’t excited about having to cut access panels for a hidden master cylinder. And even though this is a big pickup that seemingly has lots of places to hide stuff like this, it really doesn’t

C39ECD54-32A2-43E4-8E2C-66705F95CC42.jpeg

387D91A7-01C6-4B69-BF9D-AD4BC14FF3BC.jpeg

When the aliens directed us to hydroboost, we found this cool remote setup, which looked like it might be easy to stash somewhere out of sight

7B762B38-C072-4F7F-BB59-011283690EAA.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom